Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fat-burn and cardio zones values are wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received a new Versa 2 and now the values of my zones are calculated wrong.

In my old versa, the fat-burn zone started at 114bpm and cardio at 138bpm, now fat-burn starts at 93bpm.

I did the maths by hand (according to your help page and using my resting heart rate) and it should be 114, indeed. I'm 30 years old, and having 93bpm at the fat-burn lower level seems to be the value for a 83yo person.

How can I make the app recalculate the zones to the correct one?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The heart rate zones calculations, along with the change from "Active Minutes" to "Active Zone Minutes", changed within the past year.  I expect your new V2 is still on the older system, but it will update to the higher limits with a firmware update coming within a few days.

The values you are seeing now, that will soon update, had fat-burn starting at 50% max heart rate, aerobic at 70% max, without using resting heart rate. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

The heart rate zones calculations, along with the change from "Active Minutes" to "Active Zone Minutes", changed within the past year.  I expect your new V2 is still on the older system, but it will update to the higher limits with a firmware update coming within a few days.

The values you are seeing now, that will soon update, had fat-burn starting at 50% max heart rate, aerobic at 70% max, without using resting heart rate. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi JohnnyRow, thank you for taking the time to reply!!

I want to confirm that there's a new firmware update coming, and you're not referring to the January update. Thanks!

Best Answer