Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my phone app is not available on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to download the find phone app on my versa 2 and it says it is unavailable.  My software is up to date.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @momofzman. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

As a first approach, I'd like to know if by any chance your Versa 2 is fairly new? If so, give it a couple of days more to see if you receive the new update which will allow you to install the most recent app available for our Fitbit devices. 

For Versa 2 the current OS should be (35).72.1.23. To see the current version installed on your watch, go into the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image. The firmware version number appears under your device's name. Also, on Versa 2 find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device? 

Once you manage to update your Versa 2 and install the Find My Phone app, keep in mind the following requirements in order for the Find Phone app to work properly:

• Your smartwatch must be connected (“paired”) to the phone you want to locate.
  • Your phone must have Bluetooth turned on and be within 30 feet (10m) of your Fitbit device.
  • The Fitbit app must be running in the background on your phone.
  • Your phone must be turned on.

To find your phone:

• Open the Find Phone app on your smartwatch.
  • Tap Find Phone. Your phone rings loudly.
  • When you locate your phone, tap Cancel to end the ringtone.

If the issue persists, see How do I troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @momofzman. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

As a first approach, I'd like to know if by any chance your Versa 2 is fairly new? If so, give it a couple of days more to see if you receive the new update which will allow you to install the most recent app available for our Fitbit devices. 

For Versa 2 the current OS should be (35).72.1.23. To see the current version installed on your watch, go into the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image. The firmware version number appears under your device's name. Also, on Versa 2 find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device? 

Once you manage to update your Versa 2 and install the Find My Phone app, keep in mind the following requirements in order for the Find Phone app to work properly:

• Your smartwatch must be connected (“paired”) to the phone you want to locate.
  • Your phone must have Bluetooth turned on and be within 30 feet (10m) of your Fitbit device.
  • The Fitbit app must be running in the background on your phone.
  • Your phone must be turned on.

To find your phone:

• Open the Find Phone app on your smartwatch.
  • Tap Find Phone. Your phone rings loudly.
  • When you locate your phone, tap Cancel to end the ringtone.

If the issue persists, see How do I troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes