Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

@so8sk wrote:

@ErickFitbit I was finally successful in installing the update.  However, since the update, my text notifications are not being received on my Versa.  I have rebooted the Versa, and I have confirmed that my settings in the App and on the watch are set to accept text notifications.  I also rebooted my phone.  (I am also NOT receiving call notifications, only a "missed call" notification after the call... but no notification during the call).  Please let me know how to fix this.  Thank you!

Note, these were not issues/problems for me prior to the update.

I am having the exact same issue.  I have restarted everything multiple times with no luck.  Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

Are you updating over Wi-Fi? Make sure you do. Otherwise it tends to get stuck.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cruizer_8 wrote:

@so8sk wrote:

@ErickFitbit I was finally successful in installing the update.  However, since the update, my text notifications are not being received on my Versa.  I have rebooted the Versa, and I have confirmed that my settings in the App and on the watch are set to accept text notifications.  I also rebooted my phone.  (I am also NOT receiving call notifications, only a "missed call" notification after the call... but no notification during the call).  Please let me know how to fix this.  Thank you!

Note, these were not issues/problems for me prior to the update.

I am having the exact same issue.  I have restarted everything multiple times with no luck.  Is there a fix for this?

I have literally posted about this in about 3-4 threads on notifications, and not one FitBit staffer has responded.  I am not aware of any fix.  I still am NOT receiving text notifications since the update, and apparently the FitBit staffers are just ignoring this and the multiple threads on this issue.  I have read and applied the remedies in the FitBit article about not receiving notifications, and that does not work either.  This sucks!

Best Answer
I've had pretty good results with this procedure. Follow these steps in
this order:

1) Un-pair the Versa from the Fitbit app (go into the device settings and
tap the trashcan icon)

2) Turn phone Bluetooth off and back on

3) Within the phone's Bluetooth settings, choose Forget on the Versa

4) Go back into the Fitbit app and re-add the Versa

5) Verify everything is working by using the test phone call notification
option within the Notifications settings of the Fitbit app.
Best Answer

I think you have that reversed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that sucks.  I did a factory reset on the Versa and then uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone and that doesn't fix anything either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone found a good alternative to this?  I was looking at the samsung gear fit pro2.

Wished this worked but getting sick of waiting and going to return very soon

Best Answer

@Tazhoag wrote:

I think you have that reversed. 

Nope, that's the proper order. I've found that, at least with my phone (Moto x4 running Android 8.1) won't properly Forget without unpairing from the app first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone Calls: "If you are running Oreo (8.0), you will receive call notifications with the option to accept or decline calls. If you are on anything below that, you'll only be able to ignore phone calls."

@AlessFitbit what exacty does that mean? How can you accept calls from your watch when it doesn't have a microphone? I know people seem to want that option I just truly don't understand how it'll be useful outside of a few very specific situations...

I hope these people don't expect to suddenly be able to talk to their wrist or they'll end up being disappointed.

Screen Wake: as mentioned by a few others already, Screen Wake is currently very sensitive. We realise how it works, it sometimes just responds way too easily resulting in unwanted screen activity. Even when set to Manual Mode.

Release schedule: It's clear you will stick to this staggered rollout process, but it would be nice if you could at least share how far along you are. Is it still being pushed to 10% only, 15%, or is it more like 50% of users by now?

For future reference I think it would be beneficial to the Fitbit team if they prioritise accounts that are active in the Community Forum. That way you can be sure to get a lot of early feedback to detect issues that you may have missed.

Best Answer

@MikeyP181 wrote:
I've had pretty good results with this procedure. Follow these steps in
this order:

1) Un-pair the Versa from the Fitbit app (go into the device settings and
tap the trashcan icon)

2) Turn phone Bluetooth off and back on

3) Within the phone's Bluetooth settings, choose Forget on the Versa

4) Go back into the Fitbit app and re-add the Versa

5) Verify everything is working by using the test phone call notification
option within the Notifications settings of the Fitbit app.

Sometimes you can get away with skipping steps 1 and 4, your phone's Bluetooth will automatically reconnect after a few minutes and/or if you force a few syncs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My bad. I read somewhere it was Android that was getting the reply functions. Not Apple.

👁
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great suggestion to release to users active in the forum.  If your updates fix their issues, other users and potential customers will be more inclined to buy (or keep!) the product.

Best Answer

@MrGlenn wrote:

Release schedule: It's clear you will stick to this staggered rollout process, but it would be nice if you could at least share how far along you are. Is it still being pushed to 10% only, 15%, or is it more like 50% of users by now?

For future reference I think it would be beneficial to the Fitbit team if they prioritise accounts that are active in the Community Forum. That way you can be sure to get a lot of early feedback to detect issues that you may have missed.

Agree.  If it's a staggered roll-out, some communication other than "wait and see and keep checking back" would be appreciated.  It can be misleading when your marketing folks say all these new features are now available when in reality they are only available to a small portion of your base. 

Another common practice I've seen with other products is a small private soak test followed by a regional roll-out, where the region is geographic, not seemingly random like this one.  In the case of a soak, a small subset of specifically-selected users (like those who proactively sign up to be beta testers and agree to special terms) are pushed to first, and agree to keep things under wraps until the soak completes and the full release is ready to go.  That way you don't have randoms who aren't familiar with the software development life-cycle blowing up your forums complaining about issues and delays in updates and threatening to return your product to the store.  Just saying...

Best Answer

How can fitbit sell products that don't work I spent £220 on brand new versa for my wife  less than a week old will not sync this is the worst fitbit product ever it's so frustrating I hate it no sync so no steps no sleep no avtivity updated for days I unpaired I have switched it off I have reinstalled app still not working my advice is do not waste a lot of money on versa it is not fit for purpose fitbit get a grip 

Best Answer

All I wanted was to receive the notification of an incoming call. 

I've tried everything and I keep getting the "oh it's the system".. but if that's what it is.. 1) how was the system not an issue before since I was getting the notifications before the updade (also thought an update was to make it better, not worse). 2) IF it's the system, why isn't it fixed by now? This is an issue many of us are having.

Best Answer

Adding to what I've already said - I would like a clear answer from support (based on them discussing with their developers the issues many users are having), just how high a priority it is to address sync/notification issues.  I work in software/application development, issues are (or should be) tracked and assigned priorities.

I personally experience random good vs. bad sync behavior, and it is NOT tied to when I am or am not around other bluetooth devices who want attention from my phone.  I'm still choosing to keep my Versa although I'm in a return period, because it seems that Fibit is trying to grow its smartwatch presence and has to fix these issues or they will never get there.  So I have faith it will happen.  But....we deserve to know now just how much these issues are being prioritized (and how soon you estimate a consistent, reliable fix), so that we as consumers can make an INFORMED decision about whether to keep or abandon this product.  

Best Answer

Hi. I'm excited about this functionality. Can you please provide a time line for the FW rollout (Android, US users)? I've seen here and in news media that the rollout began but I don't know anyone who has gotten it yet. Do you have a target for 100% of Android users?

Thanks,

Lori

Best Answer

With firmware 32.32.10.15 and Android app 2.71 installed the notifications on my Moto G are finally working now for several days (after doing a factory reset and reapplying the firmware a second time). I have other issues, but that much is better than before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you didn't acknowledge my query as to when we can expect the firmware upgrade here in Australia.  My fitbit has had an upgrade from when i set it up last Sunday, but now it's telling me that i've done some 69+ steps when Iam asleep.  It is also doubling up on message notifications or not in sync at all. My phone could be ringing next to me and it will not notify me.  I feel like the longer i am using this supposed to be smartwatch,  is just frustrating me. I am hoping I don't have to return this as I really like it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does mine (both 1st one I got and now this 1) in a drawer, no air movement no vibration, still counts ghost steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes