Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

Wasn't sure if this is the place or not, but wanted to make a possible feature suggestion...

It would be nice if you could re-arrange the order of your apps from within the Fitbit app as opposed to only being able to do it on the watch itself. It's a little difficult trying to move apps easily from page to page on the watch and would be much easier just sliding them up and down within the app itself.

Thanks,

Merg

Best Answer

Oh deary deary me... Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware? I know that I can wipe Versa (already did it once) and it will bring the older OS but it updates immediately as soon as Versa connects to Fitbit mobile app. Here's my issue... After latest firmware update my Versa is unable to sync or keep the Bluetooth connectivity on. I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Before the update everything worked just fine. Now, Versa won't connect with anything, be it my Android phone or PixelBook. I tried everything. Wiping versa, wiping phone, killing processes and clearing the cache, uninstalling the Fitbit app, downgrading the Fitbit app to previous version. Nothing really seems to last. There is one common denominator tho. Versa always has to be rebooted (or shutdown) before it connects (or not). That leads me to believe it's firmware issue. How to downgrade? I may wait a week or two but in current state the Fitbit is unusable. I'm using my charge 2, so if there's no rapid fix, I will just return it. Well, correction fight with Fitbit that I don't want a replacement but a refund... Ugh yeah right... 😞

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
I was having issues as well than someone had posted to not connect to WiFi when setting up etc. Surprise , that worked for me . My Versa which never stayed connected after the update now works very well and syncs as it should .
So now the issue is and maybe someone can help me with it is , I don’t believe I can load my music without connecting to WiFi which was the one reason I upgraded to the versa . I’m scared to connect to WiFi now as for the first time in 2 months it’s working . Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@grenner 
Mine isn't connected to wifi and experiences the connection issues. The only thing that helps is clearing cache, killing the Bluetooth and Fitbit processes and rebooting versa. Perforned all at once . If I were you, I would give wifi a try .

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd some issues too yesterday, I reset and mobile for 5 times and finally worked for me. Now's running alright...let's see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I'm having the same issue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding on to reports that this ruined battery life for me. I'm getting less than 12 hours per charge after the update with always connected and auto sync turned off. Before the update I was getting ~ 4 days. Please roll back this update until you have a fix, this is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

6/12 I update Firmware ,BPM function not worked (No green light  ).

Firmware Version: 32.11.1010 

Anyone have the same problem ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that a new firmware version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firmware Version =  32.32.11.1010 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have that version yet so I cant help you sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit

Has there been any word on a new update coming for the versa for existing users. I have run through all 34 pages on this topic trying to troubleshoot my versa device. Since the .15 firmware update my notifications are not working properly, my device will turn off without input from user(just today during a workout that meant i had to stop and deal with fixing my watch) heartrate monitor is no longer accurate, which makes me wonder how accurate sleep stage readings are as they are influenced by HR, and sometimes i will get phantom stairs. I recieved the update near the end of May, beginning of June and have been content to wait a week or two understanding nothing comes out perfect first time, but some form of answer and timeline should surely be in the works

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've ordered an Apple Watch. I'm going to stick to Apple. Done with Fitbit.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too.  I put it back in the box. 
Best Answer

I have a Samsung S7, just updated to Android 8.0

I was told everything works with android 8.0 and up, however, I'm still having issues with receiving phone calls on my Versa.

I deleted and reinstalled the app and also restarted both my phone and the Versa (twice). Allowed all the permissions again.. etc.

Does anybody know if there is something else I can do to fix this, since with this software I'm supposed to have everything functional?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought a Samsung S9 and I'm STILL having issues with the notifications reply option. Otherwise, everything else works fine on my Versa.
Best Answer

For my Samsung S9 notifications to work I had to download an app from the play store called fit notifications, followed that apps setup wizard and then my notifications started working.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, ill try it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea if mine updated or not but mine is just blinking the Fitbit logo. I’m wondering if that’s what it was trying to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes