Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

I would say 89 steps is normal for first waking up. Thousands of steps is not.

Best Answer
Point taken. Good thoughts.
Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got smart and turned off the phone then turned it back on. It then did sinc up. Duh!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been replaced 3 times for adding on thousands of steps while I sit in the couch... when the 3rd one did it too, I was told to wait for an update. That was well over a month ago. There are a lot of people who have noted "ghost steps". Fitbit needs to figure this out. People are losing faith in the brand. When consumers no longer trust a company, their  market share will suffer.

Best Answer

I was on vacation this week and hardly wore my Versa. I had 110k steps for the week!  It was probably 75k more than I get for the week. Fitbit has agreed to replace my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine thru Amazon. How do you get a refund?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope your replacement works. I've received 2 replacements. All 3 Versas I have had accumulated steps for no reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firmware update??!??!?!? We don't need no stinkin' firmware update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go through FB Support first and see what they say.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been in the phone with fitbit support. Multiple times. That's how I got 3 devices all with the same issue!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your in the phone? I thought you would be on the phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@versafb wrote:

Your in the phone? I thought you would be on the phone 

Oops, honest typo. I will fix it promptly... just like fitbit is being prompt with their solution. Thanks for being so "kind" to point out my stupid little error. I hope you have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope I get the update soon myself and it fixes the step counter.  I’ve always had a Fitbit to ensure I’m getting my steps in and for fitness purposes. Dislike waking up with 50,000 steps already and wasn’t even wearing it!  👎🏼👎🏼  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like my Versa has a mind of its own too. Fitbit is sending me another. What is the deal with the  firmware update? Is this something on the horizon or it a way to stop people like you and I to control all the complaining?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replacement Versa number 4 is on its way to me. I doubt it works properly either, but since they won't give me a refund, they can just keep sending me replacements. Maybe I will get lucky and get one that works... but I'm not going to hold my breath. I will be on with support regularly until I get one that works. 

Best Answer

Mine has stopped syncing won’t even pick up other WiFi signals, anyone else with the same trouble can’t even use it as a watch as it says the wrong time so not happy 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try and remove all older versa connections on your cell phone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only the current one is on my app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will iPhone users be able to reply to text messages or quick message on the Versa.  Is there an update coming soon for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the problem be fixed where Fitbit Versa shows distance and pace after logging a Workout, Weights or Yoga? When I had the Charge 2 it showed duration and burned calories. I see many Versa and Ionic users already reported this bug months ago and nothing seems to happen. Which is quite disappointing.. 😞

Best Answer