Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

I unpaired and did a factory reset and now I have 32=32.10.20

Haha what? They have two new releases ?? 

Ps things are a lot better now. Quick reply is working and HR tracker is working better too... I have 10 days to return .. 🤞🤞

Best Answer

I will. I'm gonna give it one more day because it took me awhile to set up my Versa just exactly right and I'm not keen on starting over. Ideally it'll get pushed out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Confirmed the factory reset works... on the .20 release!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked!!! Thanks, @momnbaby for the helpful info. You can force update to 32.32.10.20 everyone!

You do not need to sign out of your Fitbit App. Just follow these steps as I did:

1) Factory Reset your Versa from the watch Settings>About>Factory Reset (this will reset the Fitbit Versa as if it's brand new like when you opened it up for the first time).

2) Go into your Fitbit App on your phone and press the TRASH (delete) icon where your Versa picture is located - top right corner. This will remove it from the Fitbit App, and this will allow it to initiate a new connection with it once turned on. You should also remove it from your bluetooth settings - just unpair Versa and Versa Classic. You can simply tap them again from your history of connections, and they will repair without issues. However, for the Versa Classic connection, you have to go to bluetooth settings on your watch first, and tap it until it says PAIR, then it will pair on your phone and read as ON on your watch. This is needed for music playback control of your phone.

3) Everything will pair back to normal, and all you have to do is just tweak your app settings, add your card and pin code back, and re-download your apps.

To me, this was 100% worth it. Note, it will take maybe 20 minutes or so for the whole process to complete just like it did when you first set it up because it is downloading the new update and installing it to your Versa via 2.4Ghz Wifi connection. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best Answer

It worked for me too! Thanks! I have the quick replies. It did take a while but worth it. I'll have to spend another day putting my music back on the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the new update fix the issues with receiving call notification while the call is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the new firmware solve the connected gps problem for those who have tried?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The factory reset worked for me, too.  Ended up with firmware 32.32.10.20.

However, after the firmware update, I tried installing the watchface I used before, and the Fitbit app said that it couldn't connect to my Versa (even though it had just synced). I also wasn't able to pair the "Versa Classic) music controller with my phone.

So I shut down the watch, but then couldn't get it to turn back on. Finally found this link, which described how to hold down the left button and bottom-right button at the same time for ten seconds...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/How-Do-I-Shutdown-My-Versa/m-p/2664676/highlight/true#M9368

After that, it installed the watchface correctly, paired with "Versa Classic," synced notifications, and enabled Quick Replies. 

Best Answer

This worked for me.  Now looking at the quick replies. 5 default replies ?

Why would I need a quick reply for all of my notifications that are switched on. For example. I can understand it for messages, but why would I need a quick reply for a calender notification  ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! It worked for me also! 🙂
Swedish Fitbituser since Feb 2014. Flex, Surge, One, Blaze, Versa , Charge 3, back to Versa, Versa 2 ,Sense nov 2020, Samsung S20 Ultra 5G, Android 11.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got version 32.32.10.20 after force update. Works well with Zenfone 3. I lost my Treasure Trek progress though. 😞

Notifications work while in silent/do-not disturb mode. 

Email notifications are much better.

Previously can only see 3 words of the email title, now able to see the email contents. 

Finally can delete msg/email and dismiss notifications. 

Now I just need a calendar/timeline for this watch. 

Best Answer

@razerf15 wrote:

It worked!!! Thanks, @momnbaby for the helpful info. You can force update to 32.32.10.20 everyone!

You do not need to sign out of your Fitbit App. Just follow these steps as I did:

1) Factory Reset your Versa from the watch Settings>About>Factory Reset (this will reset the Fitbit Versa as if it's brand new like when you opened it up for the first time).

2) Go into your Fitbit App on your phone and press the TRASH (delete) icon where your Versa picture is located - top right corner. This will remove it from the Fitbit App, and this will allow it to initiate a new connection with it once turned on. You should also remove it from your bluetooth settings - just unpair Versa and Versa Classic. You can simply tap them again from your history of connections, and they will repair without issues. However, for the Versa Classic connection, you have to go to bluetooth settings on your watch first, and tap it until it says PAIR, then it will pair on your phone and read as ON on your watch. This is needed for music playback control of your phone.

3) Everything will pair back to normal, and all you have to do is just tweak your app settings, add your card and pin code back, and re-download your apps.

To me, this was 100% worth it. Note, it will take maybe 20 minutes or so for the whole process to complete just like it did when you first set it up because it is downloading the new update and installing it to your Versa via 2.4Ghz Wifi connection. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This is great!  Worked for me!  Thanks for this  post,  I got  more help from  you  guys than fitbit.  Glad I'm  on this community.  

Hopefully nothing is messed up tho,  after the update 😉

Best Answer

I could not find the Versa Classic pairing in bluetooth settings, just Versa. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaizzert wrote:

I could not find the Versa Classic pairing in bluetooth settings, just Versa. What am I doing wrong? 

I've  only  ever had Versa on mine too,  but I think  that's just  another name for the  standard edition of Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaizzert, I believe only Android and maybe Windows phones, aside from having 'Versa' have the extra 'Versa Classic' because it's needed for phone music playback controls, but not 100% sure. The way we get this to show up is to go to your watch in Settings>Bluetooth and tap 'Music via Bluetooth' until you see 'Pair' (essentially, this is the pairing mode like a Bluetooth headset's red/blue blinking light). Then, 'Versa Classic' will show up in your phone bluetooth settings scan. Once paired (it will pair as an input device), in the same watch Bluetooth settings section, 'Music via Bluetooth' will change automatically from 'Pair' to 'On.' You will also see the mac address of your phone as the connected device (E0:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX).

Best Answer

Since the female tracking is only for iOS right now. I was able to find a way around it. I have the fitbit app on my computer (that runs windows) on there it has the female tracking, set it up. Answered all the questions fitbit asks. And tada! I did a hard reset as suggested on this forum to get the latest update. And although I dont see it on my phone app yet, it is on my watch now. So I can see it there.TMI but oh well.TMI but oh well.

Best Answer

@Tats01 wrote:

Did the new update fix the issues with receiving call notification while the call is happening?

I did the  update and got my husband to call my phone.  I got the notification and I can now answer my mobile thru my versa,  it comes up with the green handset icon like  on my mobile.  

Best Answer

After resetting versa and phone I'm back in action... notifications, phone calls working again. Whew what a PITA that was. Hope the next firmware update doesn't mess things up.

Best Answer

I just checked too!! I can now answer and ignore calls! I have waited for that feature forever back when the blaze first came out. It was never for android. I am so excited. Finally. I am completely satisfied with my fitbit device. 

@Bossyb69 wrote:

@Tats01 wrote:

I did the  update and got my husband to call my phone.  I got the notification and I can now answer my mobile thru my versa,  it comes up with the green handset icon like  on my mobile.  

Best Answer

I got the new update, 32.32.10.20, and it did nothing to my versa.

I was receiving notifications before the update, but NOT calls notification during a call. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and the problem remained. I still DO NOT receive call notification during a call. 

Best Answer