Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

No gonna lie - the inaccurate step count is killing the versa for me.  I was so excited for this watch.  Please add me to the “considering returning” list - which says a lot chase I don’t return anything!!

i just got my Versa Tuesday and have the lastest update too.  So extra disappointing 😰😰

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tats01,

Do you have the correct android OS permissions for fitbit app on?Screenshot_20180511-171924.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, fair is fair to speak up when something is good as well as when it is an issue. Like others, I forced the 32.32.10.20 update by resetting to factory.  Love the new update; notifications consistently working so far, can see much more text in the messages, they are separated by horizontal dividers, can also clear or delete each message.  If the behavior remains consistent, this is a great update, makes the capabilites much more like other smartwatches that have been around a good while now as far as being able interact with messages and calls, etc.  Thanks Fitibt

Best Answer

Forced the update, and of course it didn't fix the connected gps issues. It even made it far worse than it already was.

Congratulations fitbit. You made a 200$ pedometer, thanks a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@razerf15 wrote:

@Tats01,

Do you have the correct android OS permissions for fitbit app on?Screenshot_20180511-171924.jpg

Yes, I gave acess to all permission. Everything is ON. I used to get calls before all the updates. But not anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to force the update as well by resetting!

Two things, I am curious for those that updated, had any of you had the phantom steps issue prior to update and if so do you still have it?

Also, the GPS issues prior to update, has anyone done the update and noticed improvement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the phantom steps. Haven't had those. I have it set to dominate hand in my settings even though it is on my non dominant hand. I'm getting all calls and notifications. What GPS problems is people having? I haven't run into any issues. I have hard reset it, got new update. Shut it down and restarted Versa. Everything works great. I have a Samsung s8I have a Samsung s8

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is interesting; I have a ZTE Axon 7 with the 32.32.10.20 update and have everything on my screen during an incoming call except for the lower right green icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too 😞     it' frozen to that screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone, and I also don't have the green icon for the incoming call. I can only decline a call from my watch.

Are you able to reply to regular text messaging on your watch? So far mine is only letting me reply to Facebook Messenger messages.

Best Answer

As of this afternoon, I have the update available to me. I just noticed the big red arrow on the app screen. 

After readinng these replies, I’m nervous to do the update! Everything has been working fine for me except the iOS calendar notifications. I’ve had two days where they actually worked. 

I think I’m going to wait a bit before I hit that’s red arrow. I’m afraid I’ll have even more issues after the update. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the update today.  Southeast Michigan

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can reply to texts messages. I personalized my quick replies. Everything is working great. If they do another update, I'm keeping it the way it is. I dont want anything to mess up 
@SmellsMcgee wrote:

I have the same phone, and I also don't have the green icon for the incoming call. I can only decline a call from my watch.

Are you able to reply to regular text messaging on your watch? So far mine is only letting me reply to Facebook Messenger messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too got the update notification this afternoon. I plugged in my phone to charge and put my Versa in its cradle and went for it. It took about 20 minutes or so to download and install. So far all is good. I see no issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. 

Best Answer

I got the update banner but mine is not updating at all. It's been over an hour with no progress. Phone and watch are charging, right next to my router. My phone is a Pixel 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa and it is stuck in the firmware update for 3 hours now.  Is that normal?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing the update now..

Im hoping it doesnt make things worse 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My update arrow just popped up this evening. Right in time, too, because I was going to do the factory reset to force it tonight if it didn't. The update took less than 15 minutes (thank you Google mesh network!). No problems so far. I'm a luddite who doesn't text much, though. I'm mostly interested in the fix for the exercise custom stats issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit I installed the update today.  The problem with Customized Stats is NOT fixed. I called support and they said this was still being worked on. Why would you say it was fixed when it was not?

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit, I have 2 Versa. One of which happened to be the first batch selected for the 10.15 update. Was facing some problems and thus followed the advice given there in this forum to factory reset and force update to 10.20. This version is stable. 

The other Versa got an update prompt hours ago - and I was thinking its 10.20. It isnt!! The update happen to be 10.15. I tried to pull the same trick and force update - and I keep getting 10.15. Why is it that some versa gets 10.15 and some 10.20?

Best Answer