Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

Some have been lucky and some unlucky.  Of course ideally, we’d have a survey of all Versa owners and see what percent have serious problems that are due to the watch being defective.  Unfortunately we don’t and so any stated conclusion here is not helpful.

The connected GPS does work, I use it every day on walks.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to all the threads that exist of people still having issues with the
Connected GPS. I think you're one of the lucky ones lol.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys i am using LG G6 and i did around 10 running sessions using the Versa. Only the first time i had gps disconnected issue (when this happen i felt the vibration on Versa, i just slow down and open the fitbit app on my phone until it connect again after some seconds)... Since then it works solid. I also check the map after runing and it tracks well my path. Thank's God it works as expected for me...

When i will use GPS i just turn on the always connected setting on the fitbit app. My phone gps settings are high accurancy and i have qualcomm izat on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
A lot of other people have tried all the fixes that you all have, still
doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa last Friday. Last night I took it off and put it on my night stand while I slept. This morning, 42k steps!! it doesn't equate to equal miles. but crazy amount of steps. Researching today shows me this is an ongoing problem. I bought it specifically to track steps for work competition. Now that illegitimate amount of steps auto synched and I look dishonest and cant fix it. Only day three and already considering returning it...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't leave it by a fan or something that vibrates.  It will count steps
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned mine today, no way was I wasting £200 on it. I had it for 24 hours and that was enough it’s rubbish. 

Best Answer

Since update,  my versa won't stay charged longer than 6 or so hours. I've tried all the work arounds,  please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If u have tried factory resetting it and it will only last 6 hours it has a fault battery

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well after 7 years, I am sad to say I have had enough. I returned my fitbit versa and got the samsung sport. I love it! Good by fitbit community.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for providing feedback regarding the update and the troubleshoots you have tried for the different issues you have described. If you are still having issues then feel free to contact our Support team for further assistance. They are able to review your device's information and provide options for you.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting so cringy. Everyone is giving feedback, but no new updates roll out.

Can you confirm that software development on the Versa has stopped? Because resetting the device and removing fans isn't fixing everything.

Versa | Charge 2 | Moto G4
Best Answer

Having this issue too wanted an ionic but was told versa was almost the same and more affordable but never had this much trouble with Charge 2 and flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I woke up to 24,000 steps the other morning after it sat on the dresser. Zero the next day. Same place. Same conditions.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me the other day. I left it on my nightstand and when I put It on I already had 14,000 steps. This is my second versa because the first one died on me not even a week of owning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I take it this firmware update is for Fitbit OS 2.1, in which case where's the update for OS 2.1.1, as seen here? https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302/?q=OS&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

(It's released for the Ionic already: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-Firmware-Release-32-10-20/m-p/2756167#M57564)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have driven from Southampton to Manchester, and clocked up 9000 steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had an update recently and now the Versa won’t sinc. Miss tracking sleep patterns. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just woke up after a restless sleep but my Versa says I did 6478 steps. Wow. Anyone else having issues like this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bossyb69 wrote:

I've  only  had  mine  for a couple of days and I wore mine over night and wheh i woke up,  i had 89 steps! Made me wonder  if i was sleep walking.... 

I just woke up after a restless sleep but my Versa says I did 6478. Wow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes