Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

Exactly the same for me. Now have to scroll down from top and then tap on wallet symbol ( one of the three symbols that appear: music and settings are the others) and then proceed from there. Cumbersome.

Best Answer
I received the Fitbit OS update at midnight and everything went well. Now I have the version (32.68.9.15) but I'm confused because Fitbit OS 4.0.2 is not indicated anywhere. A better highlighted information would be welcome. Thanks
Best Answer

@Kcap79 @StonkerFit Maybe I say something you all know. I did the update and after clicking the left button I needed to make a new choice for function. After selecting the pay option I needed to 'swipe up' to see and click on the save button. Now it automatically shows my pay option. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

I'm not getting ring app notifications. 

Best Answer

Me neither, and it's driving me insane!

I also can't seem to find an option to alter the left button. I clicked quick settings first, but I want music controls now.

Best Answer

Argh!

Still the frickin same bugs!

Versa wont notify ( vibrate/lightup/popup notification ) but will have notification on drop down menu

WTF's Going on!

U guys r the worst, someone paid 230$ for the special edition just for a frickin brick watch

Someone my God! For the future refrence have an option to just downgrade to whatever firmware they need so they can safely **ahem**ing go to the stable version of firm

Geez!

Sorry for all the cussing, but just look at the amount of people u r disappointing with ur stuff 😤😡

Best Answer

I've tried downgrading to a lower version,  but it no longer works either and won't let you setup a versa 2 on it 

Best Answer

I also have the "Select shortcut screen" issue, I was using the shortcut for quick settings / turning notifications off at night, but now I only get the multi choice screen and the choice does not register.

Best Answer

Hello, I have an iphone 8. Everything was working fine until I updated the fitbit watch this morning. It has stooped vibrating from notifications on my phone or popping up. However the notification are there when you pull the screen down on the watch. It does vibrate on calls though. This is really frustrating, I have tried all the troubleshooting 

Best Answer

This is exactly what I always used to do with my notifications too! Although it's not currently going to be an issue for me, whilst notifications aren't working!

Best Answer

Exactly the same for me with my iPhone 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Swiping up to enable the 'Save' option is the answer! Please put this in the instructions....

Best Answer

Hi, updated this morning, now only getting vibrations from phone call but nothing else, the notifications show in the notification centre on the watch but no vibration. I've turned phone and watch off and on, removed and reinstalled the app, deleted and reconnected the bluetooth connection, always vibrate switched on. Any ideas? Moto g6plus Android 9. Thanks.

Best Answer

mine is updating since 3 hours and is now at approx. 50%.... really? approx. 6h for an firmwareupdate?

huawei mate 9 - neuste firmware, Android App neuste Version, Versa 1 - neuste firmware
Best Answer

@pumping_iron_11  do you know what update it is?  Is the app or the tracker updating?  

Best Answer

@Kwbrt  there's been no suggestions so far for Android.  They just tell you to go through the troubleshooting stuff. It's doesn't help.  Essentially we are waiting for the 4.0 update for the app and tracker

Best Answer

Mine was 30/40 minutes...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is becoming frustrating. Everytime there is an update my Fitbit stops syncing and working. Fitbit stops releasing updates until they actually work. About to switch to a different watch. I had Garmin prior to Fitbit and this never happen. May need to go back to them! 

Best Answer

the tracker is updating. it shows the fitbit logo and on double tap a green beckround which is filling slowly from left to rigt. now the backround is in the middle of the fitbit logo.

i´ll do the update at work. but in 1 hour i have to go and hav no possibility to charge the clock...

huawei mate 9 - neuste firmware, Android App neuste Version, Versa 1 - neuste firmware
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi deathwishvixen. It was a watch fireware update. Hopefully they can update the app to address a lot of the issues people are having with connectivity. 

I'm hoping they will add back Auto-Sleep mode and the option to get turn off the new quick toggle (music,wallet, quick settings) bar that has been added to the notifications screen. Or at least have it require a second swipe to draw the bar down. 🙏🙏🙏

Best Answer