Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677
I have iphone XR... Mine worked perfectly too before all the updates.. I
honestly don’t think there is a fix anytime soon
--
Lisa~~Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Too late already did it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the best part is I wouldn’t even have known about the iPhone update except Fitbit tech support told me to update it. I tried to tell him that isn’t the cause, so can’t we try something else before changing the software in my phone? “Please update your iPhone and contact us if this doesn’t work.”

I knew it wouldn’t do anything, and apparently there are fixes that would have worked had I not done the iPhone update!

Tech support made the problem worse: there are fixes the next employee walked me through that would have worked had I not downloaded the iPhone update.

For advising me to do something that made a fixable problem unfixable, I believe I am due a refund. It’s obvious the responses are canned talking points, and we are all asking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: all-caps

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the Fitbit burning
up. I think the reason we are having so many problems with the Versa is
that they wanted to push its release at Christmastime and it just was
not working enough to release it then but they greedily did anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had my Versa well over a year. Functionality has reduced over time,
and the android app become a lot harder to use. Oh, and it still doesn't
have SPO2 displays or other use.

As to Versa 2, not a lot of change, including providing what was promised
for the original Versa, Ionic, Charge 3, etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Fitbit Support. They worked with me and when they couldn't fix the problem put in a replacement request. I should have my new Versa next week. I started this thread just trying to see if I was doing something wrong. I am very happy with the outcome.

Best Answer
When you get it try to avoid getting any updates, though I'm not sure it's
possible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@  Luis_PT,

Unfortunately, no change at all.  I downloaded the Windows Fitbit app on my Win 10 laptop, connected the Fitbit Versa to a powered usb port in the holder and don't see anything happen.  Certainly doesn't give any indication that the PC recognizes the device.  Tried all of the setting that I could find and tried a reboot as well.  No changes.  Left it for 30 minutes just to verify; no changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya after they told me my Note 10+ and Samsung Tab 3 are not supported
devices I then tried to connect it to my windows 10 which is most
definitely on the compatible list, it still does not work. Just waiting for
Fitbit to admit they are in the wrong. But looks like they have no
intentions on making this right for anyone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can't seem to successfully download the update.  Is this still an issue?  I have an iphone X and I've gone through all of the troubleshooting..

Best Answer

Yes they worked with me also my new Versa should be here by Thursday

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My wife just told me about her Versa not working since the update two days ago.  The Versa was basically unresponsive. The screen occasionally would come on. Since it was unusable I found out how to do a factory reset with the buttons on the Versa.

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/11/how-to-reset-fitbit-versa-1096052

She set it up after reset and declined doing the update and it is working fine again.  She said there was a way to x out of the new update. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

The link in this won’t let me download how do I find the link 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey why?

Tracey Burrows
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted FitBit via chat. After explaining all the troubleshooting I have done, they agreed to offer me two replacement options.... 50% of a new device or a replacement of my current device.

I requested a replacement for my Versa.  Doubtful it will resolve the issue since I think the problem was caused by this update.   We shall see.

Best Answer

How did she decline the update? It wouldnt allow me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had all ready posted to  you "Versa music controls not working".  But this problem was definitely caused from the update. Which makes posting it here appropriate. I had no problems with music control before update. When I did a factory reset to my versa to the older version the music controls worked correctly again. Then I did the update again and the same problem the music control will not stay connected to the phone. Other people have posted the same thing problem they updated it their versa.

Best Answer

I enonly had mine since May 19 I’ll push for the new one thanks for your help community power

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is now nonfunctional. Midway through firmware update the screen was blank but backlit. There was 68% battery at time of failure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After reading the thread, I uninstalled the app, factory reset my Versa..
Notifications still don't work, have not touched my settings. It will lose
connectivity to bluetooth. All of this worked just fine until the updates.
I have an iphone xr & most recent ios update... So frustrated!
--
Lisa~~Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer