Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

@pumping_iron_11  that's just a tracker update.  It didn't fix anything for anyone on Android we are essentially waiting for the 4.0 app update which we have been told is being trickle released so no definite date for that or if it will fix anything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shamblesirl  I liked the old setup. This new one is horrid.  Hopefully not too long a wait for the app fix, which will also require another tracker update.  I only lost 1 app notification,  but it's currently  the app I've used most.  And when you have to have your phone on silent it's a pain.  

Best Answer

FIXED: Removed and re-paired the watch, notifications all vibrating again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwbrt check to see if your snap chat is working.  It's the only app I lost notifications for 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, don’t have snapchat! 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwbrt it's the only one I lost.  Nothing else was effected. Just snapchat . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did this firmware update yesterday and my Fitbit Versa completely stopped working today. I charged it last night and it is at 100% but it will not turn on now. I tried to re-set it and do a full factory re-set and nothing happens at all. The screen is totally black and no lights on the back. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

I received the update for 32.68.9.15 this morning and I updated the tracker portion. I do not have any app update. I am using the iPhone 11 pro max/iOS 13 and still do not have any text notifications. This is getting frustrating as I have tried all of the resets and reprogramming phone and Fitbit Versa. now all I seem to have is an expensive watch. This update was no help at all.

Best Answer

Another firmware release another batch of bricked Versas apparently. Won’t update mine since it’s out of warranty and at this point I’m not ready to fork out another couple of hundred for a replacement. 

Best Answer

Very ironic and funny that instead of fixing their supposedly fined os update is broken and well just to actually make the problem worst and other people actually get stuck with bricked with versa!

Wow great job team 😏

Tbh cant say I'm surprised after getting disappointed time after time

And u know the worst part, had to order this from literally around 13000km away from the states ( I live in pakistan ) and wait for a month so I can actually get this brick by paying hundreds of dollars 🙃

Best Answer

I just did my fitbit versa update and it now has quick settings. I clicked it to look at the quick settings and I can6get out of it. Top right button takes me back but then it goes back to quick settings. I don't have any time on my watch now. How do I get to my time, steps etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the update I lost my alarms or so I thought. But my 6:30 alarm still rang at this morning when although it is missing from my watch. This means I can no longer control the alarms on my versa. So much for sleep quality when I can’t even remove or turn off alarms I don’t need!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@draculix  - Same here - I will not be updating to this firmware since my Versa and the 3.7 app are actually playing nice in the sand box and are syncing and notifications are being received.

Is there a way of removing the banner to update from the app page permanently?  I click the x and it removes the banner temporarily but still has the down arrow showing in next to the Versa under devices.

@MattFitbit 

@AlessFitbit 

@RicardoFitbit 

@LizzyFitbit 

Are you monitoring how many users have been affected by this update? Apparently the bugs and issues for the firmware version before are NOT FIXED.  I am glad I held off in updating my versa to the new firmware to see the various posts from users.  Apparently it's creating additional issues as well as still having the issues from the firmware version of before. 

Best Answer

After I updated, my phone and Versa keep disconnecting. The Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to stay. After I connect, about a minute later they disconnect for no apparent reason.

Best Answer

Hi, 

Has the update resolved the issue with recording your BPM, mine is still not registering my BPM?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone said and I fully agree..... What bugs and improvements have been made? Or are we supposed to figure this out ourselves??

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

I'm also glad I checked here before blindly updating the firmware as instructed in the app. Notifications, alarms and Fitbit pay are important to me.

Best Answer

I was having the reply issue and I deleted my watch and re-paired it and it's now working properly again

Best Answer

I see all the problems everyone is having and hope things get resolved quickly.

I fortunately have had a good experience so far.

Versa 2 with iPhone Max Pro and iOS 13.

Upgraded to the latest version with no issues, all notifications work, all alarms work, etc.

The watch operates very smoothly and does everything it's suppose to.

Only suggestions I have are to make the "Clear All" for notifications on the bottom of the list instead of having to scroll all the way to the top.

And change the quick settings/wallet/alexa access from the top swipe drop down to a swipe from right so it doesn't interfere with notifications.

Best Answer

Hi the only the way I fixed mine was to change the notifications so that a preview is visible on my phone...not ideal as I prefer more privacy, but at least I can get notifications on my watch now.

Best Answer