Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

@PattiC88 did your update ever work? I have a Note 10+ and my Versa Lite was working perfectly until i did the update and now mine is doing what yours was (not connecting and keeps searching). After 2 days of resetting, deleting, redownloading, talking to supprt multple times, thy now tell me that the phone is not compatible with the devise.... which is a bunch of BS since it was working just fine before their update. Then told me they do not have a timeframe on when it will be fixed... 

Best Answer

I wish I NEVER did this update.Now I can't even use my watch because it just stays on the fitbit logo.... I am about 24 hours away to just buying a Samsung watch and never use Fitbit again.... So fed up...

Best Answer
You have to buy a new phone to accommodate your Fitbit?! And no I was never able to get the update/Fitbit/App to work correctly.
Best Answer

Since this release, my Versa stopped recording my sleep.  I have performed every troubleshooting tip offered in the forum and the troubleshooting instructions.  I have turned off/restarted, I have reset my Versa to factory settings twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone several times.  I have deleted my Versa from my FitBit App several times.  NOTHING seems to work.  yesterday, it recorded my steps but it is not showing the steps by hour.  please help

Best Answer

So I was able to get the notifications to work by restarting my Fitbit Versa Lite about 10 times, but I’ve determined the touchscreen does not work at all. I’ve tried to do a factory reset, but it won’t accept the update. My Fitbit is now useless and to make matters worse, no one from Fitbit appears to be replying to any of these messages everyone is posting. This is EXTREMELY poor customer service. I’m calling tomorrow to either get a replacement or to cancel my service and find a better product. Too bad, I really liked the Fitbit product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know how that goes. I was on thee phone with them for 2 hours and they told me that they would not give me a replacement or refund my money as I was outside the 45 day window. I am on day 56.... And they told me that they do not have any solution for me and they don't know when the update for Note 10+. So basically they told me you're screwed and we do not care. I haven't used my watch since Wednesday. The worst customer service I have experienced and right before Christmas too. 

Best Answer

My versa did the update and since then doesn’t track my heart rate and does not track my steps properly. I get intermittent notifications. I’ve done all the resets and adjusted the settings and well it’s barely functioning. I have tried to be patient but a straight answer about weather the update will work with iPhone and if not that’s okay. I just want to know please!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. I appreciate each of you for posting your inquiries. I'm sorry for the delayed response and let me continue helping you.

@LeeLee75, thanks for letting me know that the swipe function isn't working. @SunsetRunner, thank you also for bringing your Versa's screen issue to my attention. I appreciate you for troubleshooting your watches and I understand how you're feeling as this shouldn't be happening. I apologize for the experience that you've had and I've got in touch with our Support team on your behalf. They'll be creating a case to provide you with further assistance, make sure to check your inbox.

@twinmomag, I know how you're feeling about needing to repair your watch often to use the control music feature. This isn't the correct behavior and to work on this, please try removing your Versa from the Bluetooth settings in your tablet. Turn off other Bluetooth connections in case you have them nearby. Open the Fitbit app and set up the notifications one more time to reconnect your watch to your tablet. Then use the control music  and let me know the outcome.

@DarranM, thanks for your question about supporting Google Assistant. Let me recommend to post new ideas that you wish to see in the future in the Feature Suggestion board, to keep the board organized and so our developers can take your ideas into consideration for new updates or product development.

@MicheJ67, thanks for letting me know that your watch's left button is unresponsive. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they're providing you assistance via email. Keep an eye on your inbox.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for the information provided as well for trying to get in touch with our team. I understand how you're feeling about your Versa Lite not update correctly, and I'm sorry for this experience. Let me clarify that it's not the firmware but the Fitbit app the one that hasn't been optimized to work with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Your phone might have fulfilled the minimum requirements (Android 7.0 or higher and Bluetooth 4.0) which explains why it was able to sync before. While we cannot guarantee its full performance, we can try working on this together. May I know if you continue seeing the Fitbit logo? Although you've tried troubleshooting it, please give one last try to the following:

1. Remove your Versa Lite from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections. This is just for this process.
  3. On your phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Then go back to the previous screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and try to set it up as a new device.

@coachmyrna, thanks for troubleshooting your Versa on your own. Just a question, do you mean that you nether receiving sleep patterns nor sleep stages? If the issue is just with sleep stages, have you made sure if the heart rate is being recorded correctly? I'm asking this as the sleep stages will be generated based on your sleep and the heart rate data during that time. Although you've tried some steps, I'd recommend to swipe to the left on your watch, tap on settings and turn off the heart rate. Then perform a regular restart one more time and turn back on the heart rate settings. I'll need you to use it for one night on your non-dominant hand, making sure you're wearing it as described here.

@Ashdble84, thanks for joining this thread and sharing detailed information about your Versa's behavior. In regards to the notifications, currently I don't have a time frame when an update will be released to get them working again. However, our team is keeping an eye close to that thread and working hard based on your comments to bring a fix soon. Now about the heart rate, even though you've tried troubleshooting it please try the steps described in this help article. In line with the steps accuracy, make sure the stride length is correct as that will affect the amount of steps recorded. If the issues persist, please let me know.

I'll be around, so don't hesitate to post your inquiries so I can work together with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit This round of troubleshooting still did not work. The app doesn't even find the device anymore and there is a red X that says device cannot sync. So still cannot use the versa lite....

Best Answer

Did you address the incompatibility issues between Versa and Airpods with this release?  As you know, the volume control does not work when playing music directly from Versa to Airpods.  This has been a longstanding issue.  If you haven't fixed it, can you tell us what is the big problem that prevents this from working?

Best Answer

Was there anything in this update to fix the problem with Versa not being able to control the volume of Airpods?  I realize my question may have already been asked-and-answered somewhere in this lengthy read, but I didn't want to read through all 32 pages.

There's a thread on this topic (inability to control Airpod volume) in the "Feature Suggestion" board.  A couple of people recently posted in that thread that the problem is fixed for them.  They didn't specify that the update solved it, but the timing of their posts suggests it might.

Yesterday I bought a Versa 2 and immediately updated the firmware during the setup process, so it should have this current updated.  Nevertheless, I cannot control the volume of my Airpods -- so if there was a fix in the update, it didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated it and I have updated my iPhone and not receiving anything. Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mdub, my experience was similar.  I feel totally dismissed.  Like, you already bought your Versa, we'll get to it when we get to it.

"Hoping to resolve this quickly" and "Soon" are not acceptable to me.  iPhone 8 here.

Best Answer

Ash, reportedly the issue has been escalated, but still no ETA on a fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner , I did fix mine, with a lot of patience and glasses of wine.

I removed the device from my app.  Then removed the app.  I rebooted my phone.

I then reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone, then when I went into the app after reboot, it finally paired.

I have a Note 8 and I see no reason the app would not work on the 10, its practically the same phone.

Best Answer

We need to be careful with Fitbid firmware updates. After update i have to throw away my Fitbit Charge 2. It just stopped working and Fitbit support cant help me. Now i bought Versa and after latest update i don't get nottifications, watch screen didn't wake up from hand motion, only screen or button touch. 

This is very annoyng, then Fitbit realize new updates but don't test them properly. 

Probably this is my last fitbit smart watch.

Best Answer
I agree with I went back to use my Garmin watch cause the Fitbit watch
doesn’t want to connect with my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it again. Still NO heart rate. Notifications work and the watch is still keeping time.  

I reset the Versa to factory settings but when you restart it, it doesnt give you the option to skip an update, so it downloads the same bugs.

I got this watch last December 2018 .is the shelf life 12 months? 

Best Answer

Hey @MattFitbit and @LizzyFitbit and every other Fitbit employee who has commented.... What am I supposed to do with a device that wont connect at all. No one has answered me and this is terrible customer service. My Versa Lite worked PERFECTLY with my Note 10+ before this update. But now I am being told that the Versa Lite is NOT compatible with the Note 10+, which is a lie.What recourse is Fitbit going to take now that I have a device that is "not compatible" and I have lost money. 

Best Answer

Hi, I'm still very new to Fitbit and still getting used to its capabilities.

However I have not done a firmware update since I got my Versa. Is this something to worry about? 

Tia. 

Best Answer
0 Votes