Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

I know that feeling...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a replacement unit from Fitbit because my previous one was brick by the update.

But now my replacement unit cannot detect my phone GPS when I go for a running. No matter how many times I try it still couldn't find the location. The firmware of it was quite a old firmware. Think I might just update my Versa in hope that it will fix the problem and wont give me any worst problem. If it really brick my Versa device again, think I will just switch to Samsung wearable. My Versa has been a very nice device all along before the update brick it. And there doesn't seems to be a solution for this problem from Fitbit. Really disappointed with their service.

Best Answer
It is not connected to my smartphone because they made it where mine is no
longer compatible (Motorola Moto Z Play).
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the factory reset she went through the setup to add the versa to her account. After the setup was done it gave her a notice that a new update is available. Instead of accepting the new update she hit the X on the top right to decline it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck. The Versa Lite was from a previous upgrade they offered me because me Charge 3 started to go out. I'm so mad I've spent the money i have so far. I've been told to go through the troubleshooting steps 10x already. Not sure when they are going to realize It DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you keep trying to factory reset you ill eventually get a big red X that says data cannot sync, and it wont let you do anything else. 

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit,

After the upgrade, the battery of my Versa drains out almost completely after half day of usage and it turns off.

I think it's out of 1 year warranty for some months now, and it's really disappointing, if I knew I wouldn't update.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks continue posting your question in this thread. I'm sorry for the delay and I'll continue helping you.

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate your efforts while working on your Versa Lite and the information provided. As with any other app, our team optimized the Fitbit app to work with certain models that have fulfilled the minimum requirements (Android 7.0 or higher and Bluetooth 4.0) which will appear in our official list. Currently your Samsung Note 10+ and Samsung Tab 3 aren't part of that list and this is why we cannot guarantee a full performance of the app, however I'd recommend to give one last try to the following steps by using your Windows 10 computer, which should work with your Versa Lite:

1. Go to this link and download the Fitbit app on their desktop computer.
  2. Put your Versa Lite on the charging cradle, and plug the other end of the charging cable into your computer.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Click Dashboard > Help > Turn on USB Recovery.
  5. The device will take a few minutes to finish the update. Then a welcome screen will appear on your Versa Lite.

@LindaLaz, thanks for letting me know about your watch, as well for the steps tried on your own. I'm sorry that you're going through this situation and I've been informed that you've created a case with our Support team via chat. Please follow their instructions and continue working with them, that way you can receive further assistance about your case.

@PcAddict, thanks for posting back in this thread and sharing that the issues with control music started after the latest firmware update. I also appreciate your efforts in trying the factory reset and just to confirm, may I know if you've reviewed the information described in this help article, as well the steps to change the source set in your watch? If not, please take them a look and make sure there aren't other Bluetooth connections turned on nearby, as well to have your phone just connected to your watch and not to other devices. This will prevent any interference.

@Sincewhen, thanks for letting me know about your Versa's screen. After checking your information I've been told that our Support team already took your case under their wings and provided you with assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.

@tokadap and @SunsetRunner, thanks for the details shared with me and to answer your question, currently our Fitbit watches can't control volume on Apple Airpods. I understand how important this function would be for you, our team has received the feedback from other members which will help us to work on this situation and also enhance your experience with our products.

@ValentinaFit, thanks for sharing that the battery has been draining. I know how you're feeling as this the battery life helps you to use your watch and its features. To further investigate, please let me know if you're using a Fitbit clock face. Although you noticed this behavior after the firmware, please note that some animated or 3rd party (not developed by Fitbit) clock faces may drain the battery. If you've not done so, please take a look to the tips described in this help article.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

I've had time to review the messages boards and I see that the problem of being unable to control the volume of Airpods has persisted for well over a year now.  Every few months a Fitbit Moderator acknowledges the problem and gives a vague "we're working on it" response.

Asking your customers to be patient for a few months is reasonable.  Asking your customers to be patient for well over a year with no end is sight is not reasonable.  In fact, it's embarrassing for Fitbit as a company.

I'm sure the decision to to provide vague response is intentional.  Incompetent mangers often sincerely believe that withholding information is the prudent PR route.  But reality always proves them wrong.  Refusing to be candid and forthright with customers invariably leads to erosion of brand loyalty.  Any manager at Fitbit who doesn't understand that is not good at their job.

Customers want openness and honesty -- that goes a long way to building brand loyalty.  Perhaps we'd be a least a little more understanding of the Airpod issue if Fitbit would provide a more detailed explanation as to the cause of the problem, the steps Fitbit is taking to correct, and the obstacles that are preventing a solution.  

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I'm using Fitbit clock, not a 3rd party one. I didn't do any change to settings for months, just after the upgrade I noticed it goes wrong with the battery. Before that I had 5 days at least

Best Answer
Office works I have 3 of these watches they will all go back for a full refund and I will get an apple watch. There is no guarantee this will not happen in the future.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing Has been going on with the heart rate issue. They’ve been working on that since 2018. I went out and bought another heart rate monitor that I have to wear even though I wear a Fitbit because the Fitbit is so terribly inaccurate unless I’m sitting here doing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. Thanks for continue posting your concerns in this thread.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Currently I don't have further details about the process or the time frame when the function to control volume while using Apple Airpods will be available. I understand your point of view about this situation and our team continues gathering feedback to work on this situation. Once we have more updates, we'll update them in the Community as well in request that you found in the Feature Suggestions board.

@ValentinaFit, thanks for replying back with the requested information. Since nothing was changed from your end when this issue started, I've requested a case for you so our Support team can give you a hand. You should be getting a reply soon, keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer

I appreciate the response.  This issue with the airpod volume control has been a problem since the launch of the Versa.  Would you please let me know if you have made any progress on the fix?  What is the root cause of the problem?

BTW, I have version 32.68.9.15 running on my one year old Versa.  I can sync with my iPhone 6S or my newer iPhone 11 Pro.  I can also connect to my noise cancelling Sony headphones and control the volume with no problem.  What I can no longer do is connect to my Airpods.  So volume control of airpods becomes kind of a moot point.

Can you help me pair my airpods to my Versa?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer

@tokadap 

if you have AirPods 2, you could say “Hey Siri! Raise the volume! Or “What’s the volume?”  Really neat feature, and no hands on your watch or phone buttons.  I use it when doing yoga with no hands free to push buttons. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip.  I have first gen Airpods without Siri, I think.  
BTW, I got my airpods to pair with my Versa.  I turned off the bluetooth on my iphone 11 and went through the add audio device procedure on my Versa.  Worked like a charm.
Volume control is still not working but sound level is acceptable for now.
All is not lost!
Best Answer

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa series users have successfully updated to Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (68.9.15), we have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 4.0.2, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community Help Forums or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update!

Best Answer

We’re still having problems with this update. When is a solution or new update coming out?

Best Answer