Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

My Versa’s heart rate sensor no longer works. It seems like it stopped working yesterday after all the new firmware updates. Is anyone else having this issue? 

I’ve done a factory reset, shutdown multiple times (with the sensor turned off, then turned back on, etc.) The sensor lights aren’t even coming on at all. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I see this is your first post. I hope I can help. It’s possible that your heart rate monitor may have been disabled somehow during your last update I guess. Let’s check:

Open you Fitbit App

tap profile picture on upper left 

tap Versa (located just under “My Family”

scroll down and tap heart rate

make sure it’s set to either “auto” or “on”

😃 I do hope this provides you with the best answer and resolves your issue. Please let me know 

Best Answer

My Versa just installed the firmware update and it trashed the unit.  After the upgrade I can no longer access the watch face.  All I have are a notification screen and music app.  The unit still is monitoring steps, etc. but cannot get a clock face or access to settings to do a shutdown.  In reviewing this site it doesn't appear there's a way to redo the firmware upgrade.  My Versa is now useless as a watch or monitor.

Best Answer

Have the exact same problem and there doesn't appear to be anyway to reset the watch function.

Best Answer

I installed this firmware update on my OG Versa which is paired with a Pixel 2 XL running Android 10.  I never got the last update so this is straight from the old firmware version.  Everything is working fine so far.  Phone, Gmail, Outlook, Messages, and Facebook Messenger all still cause the correct notifications to appear on my Versa.  The heart rate monitor also appears to be reading correctly.  I'll report back in a few days if the other functions don't work properly.

Anyways, good job Fitbit on the speedy fix to the problems in the last new firmware update.

Best Answer

Thanks! Unfortunately there is no option for any ’heart rate’ settings from the app. from the main screen I went>profile pic>Versa) 

This screenshot are the only options I have. 

B8F554FD-8827-4839-98A3-B931338F8692.png

Best Answer

I tired turning the heart rate setting on (from my actual device) then restarting then turning it on again but nothing works. The lights no longer come on at all and I’m not getting any readings. 

Best Answer

Installed update on iPhone X, no notifications.  Rebooted all of the devices and went through troubleshooting, ..... No Notifications

Best Answer

Hello ag @SunsetRunner 

My misunderstanding. I had forgotten the settings for the Versa is different in the Fitbit app then my setting for Alta HR in my Fitbit app. Because you have done a factory reset/restart of your Fitbit tracker and this has not resolved the issue as well as toggled your heart rate stetting as well has not resolved it I would suggest you call Fitbit Customer Service. They should be able to help you since this is more of an internal hardware issue with your Fitbit tracker itself. You can find ways to contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

Im really sorry I couldn’t be more help but I do hope I was able to provide you with the best answer to your issue by pointing you in the right direction. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Versa at approximately 11am. It loaded fine and was fully charged. At approximately 6pm I checked the time and it had died. I’ve just tried charging it and the fitbit symbol appeared and then disappeared and now I can’t turn it on or reset it!! Not happy! I can’t use it at all! What can I do?!? This needs fixing! 

Best Answer

Almost exactly like my issue! I updated yesterday,seemed ok. I charged it, then the screen went slightly dark, then totally black and now it won't turn on or respond to anything at all. 

Best Answer

Hi.  I too updated my VERSA last night with the new software update but I had issues with it staying on today (kept turning itself off), so I did a factory reset.  When it eventually turned itself on after reset, it booted up but still it turns itself off.  I charged the battery fully today so it's not that.  It was working properly before the update.  I too would like advice on how to rectify as I can't get any life out of it at the moment.

Best Answer

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your reply! 

I’ll try customer service next! 👍

Best Answer

I wish Fitbit would tell us what the major changes are. This "bug fixes" stuff is just lazy and condescending to users.

On the other hand, after I updated last night, everything works as it should, finally.

Notifications are fine, sleep tracking doesn't cut off the first segment any longer, connection to my Pixel 3XL is good so far. Finally!

Heart rate still seems a little low under stress, but overall, I am happy.

Now, if Fitbit would show us the SpO2 sensor data, or tell us something useful based on it (without charging us extra for it), I might go back to recommending Fitbit, instead of recommending against it...

Best Answer

@Evie2c  It didn't work on my Android.  Made no difference 

Best Answer

It did not fix the notification problem!!!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

Same thing happening to mine. Did you get any answers 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely nothing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nanhop  I got answers from fitbit .  That was that there is no fix for the android issues 

Best Answer

I have iPhone X, I can get call notifications, just no text notifications!

Best Answer
0 Votes