Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1 - Firmware Release (70.7.14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/9/2020

Hey, Versa Smartwatches family!

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the New Year. Before the holidays, we released this firmware out to 100%.

If you still don't see the update for Fitbit OS 4.1 (70.7.14) because it's brand new or perhaps was gifted to you for Christmas, please continue syncing the watch and make sure you have all-day sync turned on. You will soon after see the banner prompting you to update to this firmware.

Thanks for your patience and hope you continue enjoying this update! 

Fitbit Update: 12/5

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1 (Firmware Version: 70.7.14). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes a variety of new features and enhancements, including: 

• Smart wake: Smart wake will gently begin to wake you with subtle vibrations during the optimal part of your sleep cycle (during light or REM) within a 30 minute window prior to your pre-set alarm. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed. 

• Clock face switcher: You will now be able to store up to five clock faces right on your device and quickly change from one to the other using the new clock face switcher.

• On-wrist Sleep Score: The score will now be available in the on-device dashboard that can be accessed by swiping up from the clock face. You can still see it alongside your sleep data within the Fitbit app after you sync.

• Exercise app improvements: The redesigned Exercise app will now display all 20 workouts in a new streamlined list on your wrist. 

• Battery notification: When your battery is running low, a new feature will automatically disable notification vibrations and if on, the always-on display on Versa 2 to preserve your battery life. 

• Agenda app: A new Agenda app allows you to see your calendar right on your wrist. 

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa/Versa 2 can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, Versa 2 or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite/Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
624 REPLIES 624
Thanks for the update hopefully the upgrade will happen soon
Best Answer
0 Votes
There seems to be a problem with the Samsung 8 to10. I had to download
with a Samsung galaxy 6. The problem May not be with the Samsung but with
the Fit software. No sync for pairing
Best Answer
I have decided to not turn IT off at night. Its working fine for the
moment and the battery holds out for 4 days
Best Answer

My Pixel 4 syncs up much better then my Samsung which was at best hit or miss.  Also, Google is in the process of buying FitBit so I expect a lot of major changes in the FitBit ecosystem after the sale closes especially in the way the FitBit will integrate with the Pixel. Disclosure: I own long positions in both FIT and GOOG.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have talked to 3 people at the Customer Service line, including a manager.  All three said they have no information on issues caused by this Firmware update.  They say they are not aware of any problems it caused. How can they be supposedly working on the problem if the are also saying they are not aware there is a problem.  They pushed the upgrade out to a small group of people (We were the unlucky ones), it is causing problems, and their only solution is to make us buy new watches.  This is a very sad customer service response.  It appears we were their test subjects and they expect us to pay for their mistakes.   

Best Answer

@Hudor I haven't turned mine off either since I was able to get it back on. I'm mostly worried that if I turn it off, it won't turn on again. My battery life has been doing well, I typically have around 80% of charge by the end of the day, but I'm not sure how long it'll last since I charge it every night. The fact that I have to turn my device on using all three buttons now and worry that my device will one day become a brick has left a sour taste in my mouth about using the Fitbit devices in the future. The behavior and inconsistent responses from the moderators and customer service reps helped me make the choice to never buy a Fitbit device ever again. I'm not giving my money to a company that thinks it's ok to issue out a defective firmware and then lie about it and say it isn't their problem. They need to become an adult, own up to their mistake, and fix the problem they created. Every single employee at the Fitbit company is acting like a child and putting blame on everything else instead of what the real issue is, which is the firmware. 

Best Answer

the same here, mine is going crazy, it has restarted 10 times in the last half hour

Best Answer

My Versa is also experiencing the battery drain issue. It only lasts a day where before I only had to charge once or twice a week. (I don't wear mine to bed.) I noticed that when I get notifications, my screen stays on. I have to press the button to turn off my screen. I never had to do that before. I've had my Versa for almost 2 years. I've had a lot of issues with it. I wish it were reliable like my Pebble was. 

Best Answer
I agree while my phone is not an expensive one it is a fairly new Samsung
A10e I'm not sure what Fitbit is thinking,
Are the only catering to certain customers purchasing devices at a certain
price point level. Very disappointed in the Fitbit I like the device and
worked great with my Samsung S10e. We'll be looking to purchase a Samsung
smart watch that'll work with my current phone
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for visiting this thread and I'm sorry for the delay.

I appreciate everything who has posted their feedback towards the Fitbit OS 4.1 for the Versa family smartwatches, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried to get your watches working. Please know that every comment posted here will be taken into consideration to work on our products and improve their performance. If you have a question related to the Fitbit app, such as syncing, set up or notifications, let me recommend to post it in the Android board, iOS board or Windows board so you can receive more related responses.

@Amit_007@asylum and @Maro79, thanks for keeping me updated about your watches, as well for trying the steps that were suggested in this thread. Since you continue having issues with them, I've gone ahead and shared all your posts to our Support team so they can give you a hand. You'll receive an email from them shortly, keep an eye on your inbox.

@jacrispy, thanks for letting me know that your watch isn't holding charge and the screen remains on when receiving a notifications. About the battery life, does this happen after shutting off and on your Versa? I'm asking this as our team is aware that some watches are experiencing battery draining issues after the latest firmware, and they're working hard to resolve this situation. If this doesn't apply to you, let me recommend to verify if you're using a Fitbit clock face, try the tips from this help article and keep an eye on its behavior.

In regards to the screen, please try adjusting the screen timeout within the Settings app on your Versa and perform a restart to correct any misbehavior.

@mconnell1, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your watch and your experience with our Support team. I totally understand your point of view and I apologize for the issues that you've experienced after update your watch to the latest firmware. Since I don't have access to your case, I'd recommend to reply back to the last email sent by our team so they can provide you with further details about their resolution. Please know that your comments won't go unnoticed.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer

I noticed that some users are already seeing the SP O2  charts, when will this be rolled out to the rest of us Versa users. Is there a planned finish date when it be rolled out 100%?

Best Answer
Mine became active with the most recent firmware update, although I didn't notice at first. You have to be recording your sleep, then after syncing, click on the night you want to look at and scroll down. It's after (under) the sleep summary. If you don't scroll down you won't see it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I have the updated firmware and have been tracking my sleep but still not seeing the new sp o2 chart where you said. 

Best Answer

I still don't have it.  I have been recording my sleep for years. 😕

S-N-D
Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!! My Versa died last night I put it on the charger and it did nothing. I then wore it to my workout this morning (still not working but if its not on the workout doesn't count right?) came home thinking I was going to have to buy a new one but your post helped me get mine restarted!! I appreciate you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been working perfectly for over a year, without the any problem, an autonomy of 4 days or more, sometimes I turn it off in the evening and turn it on again in the morning. Following the last firmware update, no autonomy..Even when I turn it off with 100% battery charge in the evening, the next day the battery displays 0%. Already carry out a factory reset. Without success. After opening a call at Fitbit, here is the answer.

We would like to let you know that we frequently release new features, improvements, and bug fixes to our customers by offering updates to a device's software. This is the reason why we don't believe that this caused the issues.

So bad customer support.

Best Answer
You may want to try leaving it on at night. Some people have said the battery drains MORE when it is turned off than when it is left on. Give it a try at least.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PaddleOn after the firmware update, I never turn mine off anymore because I had so much trouble trying to get it to turn back on and I have a fear that if I turn it off, I won't get be able to get it to turn on again. My battery lasts when I don't turn it off. I just put it on sleep at night. 

Best Answer

@PaddleOn: Exactly the same i am doing now a days, i can't find any other workaround.

Best Answer

I believe the issue is with the firmware since I had no issues with syncing or pairing with my Galaxy S9+ for over a year prior to the firmware update.

I was looking to purchase a new Versa model, however I am now shopping for a Samsung watch due to the lack of customer service and urgency that this widespread issue has received from Fitbit.

Very disappointing.

Best Answer