Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pace during the "Run Exercise" is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So this is a log of my last 25 runs. Each was logged using my Versa and the Fitbit Exercise Run Option. All used GPS, only 1 lost GPS halfway. All Fitbit pace was found from the Android App -> Weekly Exercises -> Pace (Shows the map, miles, pace, and HR.) It's pretty accurate overall, but why isn't it exact?

It's a basic formula that should be done so I don't understand why pace is wrong. Time and distance accuracy is another story, but if we both have the same time and distance, pace should be uniform and I don't understand why there is a discrepancy. Using GPS, what watch, anything is irrelevant when we are using the same time and distance so what is Fitbit using for pace?

Over 26 runs, a total of 3 minutes and 54 seconds of difference occurred. That's a lot for no reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @DallasStarsFan9.

I would like to know if you have checked if your stride length information is correct? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I measure and adjust stride length for my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provide there. Checking this type of information might make your watch more accurate.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @AlejandraFitbit

My stride length has been set to automatic ever since I've had my Fitbit.

"Your running stride length is automatically updated every time you go on a run with GPS enabled  on a supported Fitbit tracker."

This is the reason I've never taken it off automatic since it should become more accurate with time.

Do you recommend I do it manually instead? Why would stride affect pace? If the time/distance is the same, why would stride matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes