Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay, device not connected anymore, locked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is so incredibly frustrating.

A while ago I installed fitbit pay. I thought I could use my (Dutch) public transport card icw my fitbit Versa. That wasn’t the case unfortunately.

From that moment on I got a unlock via phone notification on my fitbit. Annoying, but not crippling. Although I have tried to disable it by login in to the website. That didn’t work unfortunately.

Well now, because of reasons (I play pokemon go and have a switch, syncing those two doesn’t work with fitbit connected) I have disconnected my fitbit from the app.

For pokemon it worked. But now trying to reconnect my fitbit I have to enter a pin. But the pin isn’t visible because the fitbit is locked and I can’t unlock it via phone because it isn’t connected anymore.

Nice...

I have really tried everything. From restarting phone and fitbit to trying to find the fitbit pay settings in my account (both app and webpage) but all seem to require the device to be connected (gear icon->profile->device).

I have tried installing and connecting on other devices (ipad and other android device) but it kept asking for unlocking and the pin wasn’t visible.

Did I ruin everything now? How is this possible?

How can fitbit make such a crappy unmaintainable feature?

Does anyone have an idea what to do now?

Ideally a solution that doesn’t involve trashing my device and buying a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok, might have solved the issue myself.

Well, solved...still think it is kind of sucky to do a factory reset. Because that was what was needed. It’s currently downloading all the updates but I have hope again.

To perform a hard factory reset (not just a device restart) on a Fitbit Versa push all three buttons at the same time and hold it untill the logo appears. 

When it starts to flash (alternating slowly between logo and black screen), release the down right button (keep holding the others).

It is possible that you initially don’t release the button on time. For me it took a couple of tries, but eventually it worked.

When you did it right, it will vibrate (it also can vibrate when you did it wrong btw) and you’ll get a black screen. After a while the logo appears and you’ll get a message to download the app (in a lot of different languages).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Ok, might have solved the issue myself.

Well, solved...still think it is kind of sucky to do a factory reset. Because that was what was needed. It’s currently downloading all the updates but I have hope again.

To perform a hard factory reset (not just a device restart) on a Fitbit Versa push all three buttons at the same time and hold it untill the logo appears. 

When it starts to flash (alternating slowly between logo and black screen), release the down right button (keep holding the others).

It is possible that you initially don’t release the button on time. For me it took a couple of tries, but eventually it worked.

When you did it right, it will vibrate (it also can vibrate when you did it wrong btw) and you’ll get a black screen. After a while the logo appears and you’ll get a message to download the app (in a lot of different languages).

Best Answer

I have the inspire HR how do I connect it to pokemon go do you know?

Best Answer
0 Votes