Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay failing with "use only 1 card" error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using Fitbit Pay with 2 cards in the wallet since I got the watch, and it's been working just fine until recently.

Now, credit card terminals will sometimes issue an error saying something along the lines of "use only 1 card".

I can't remember the exact message, since it usually happens somewhere, where there's a queue forming behind me and I'm looking stupid waving my watch at the terminal trying to pay. It means I have to use the actual credit card instead of the watch.

Anyone else experienced this or know what triggers it?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@JR117 Welcome! It's great to see you around. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Fitbit pay feature on your Versa. Try removing the credit cards on the Fitbit pay area, remove the app and install it again. After this add your credit cards again to your Versa. You can also try restarting your Versa before trying these suggestions by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AlvaroFitbit

I restarted it, and it could seem to work. At least it's worked twice now since the restart.

Thing is though, if the payment feature isn't very close to 100% reliable, then it's a lot less useful. Since you would have to always bring your credit card to be sure. So, I hope that the bug will be found and fixed. Is there a public bug tracker somewhere? Haven't found one.

Best Answer

Still not stable. Anyone know if there's a place to report bugs?

The payment function is useless if I have to bring a credit card with me all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using pay on my Charge 3 over the last week have had a similar message 2 or 3 times when going through the train / London Underground gates....or doesn't work at all. I only have one card loaded on my charge. Needs to be more reliable as it is embarrassing when people are queuing behind! Shame as it is otherwise a great feature / smart watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Versa 2 special edition. Today i did 2 payments and one of them failed with the error OP mentioned.

I have only one card stored and what I noticed at the payment that failed is that the watch vibrated but the **ahem** didn't react and when I tried again, that error occured.

Best Answer
0 Votes