Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay, still doesn’t support Citibank?!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It been quite sometime since fitbit pay has been around, yet there is no change in status on whether or not citibank is coming to fitbit pay. Anyone moderators have any updates about the situation. I know im not the only one who only uses citibank and wont have access to fitbit pay features due to this problem.Smiley Sad

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AdamT. It is not just Fitbit involved in getting a bank on board. The Bank has to agree to it. I think the best option is to lobby your bank.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@AdamT. It is not just Fitbit involved in getting a bank on board. The Bank has to agree to it. I think the best option is to lobby your bank.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Well, this is really sad. Taking my Fitbit Ionic back to Best Buy first thing tomorrow. No Fitbit Pay support for Citibank or Discover. Such a disappointment!!

Best Answer

@NellyG wrote:

People have already contacted Citi. Citi says there's no problem and the wait is in Fitbit

Best Answer

@guyfromhi @AdamT. @sremick More and more banks and credit institutions are being added to Fitbit Pay as we speak. This is not something for which one simply turns the switch on. I remember how it was when Google Pay and Apple Pay started. At least here, in Canada, we did not have many banks supported. Actually, only Amex I believe. In the meantime, you can vote for the Citi Credit suggestion thread here, or if you would like any other bank or product added, please create a new thread.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

More and more banks and credit institutions are being added to Fitbit Pay as we speak. This is not something for which one simply turns the switch on.

Except:

1) The requests have been going on over a year. That's plenty of time.

2) Plenty of other banks "simply turned the switch on" and were working on day one. Citibank is hardly a small bank. In fact, they are the 4th largest bank in the US. Fitbit needs to get its act together.

In the meantime, you can vote for the Citi Credit suggestion thread

I have already. Along with almost 100 other people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sremick I really cannot recommend other solution as being patient. I also can say that in the environment such as banking, we never ever just turn on the switch on anything. But that's entirely different discussion topic. If some banks were ready to go on day one, the talks simply had been in place long before Fitbit Pay launch. As it happened with Google Pay, I'm sure Citi will make it to the supported institution list. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone seems to say lobby to the banks. I doubt it and this initiative should come from Fitbit.  The problem is the complains are coming in trickles.  There should be mass feedback and seems the biggest users are in North America. They need to band together and only then Fitbit will listen. Eventually, other countries will follow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been a Fitbit user for the longest time and my Ionic is my 3rd Fitbit. Since most payments are now done thru tap and pay especially here in Singapore, it will not be long for me to start considering other options like the new Samsung gear. I hope they start moving before I drop Fitbit for good.

Best Answer

Come on Fitbit, any update on CitiBank and Fitbit Pay? Kind of defeats the point of having NFC on your watch and frankly thinking of jumping ship.Tell us it's coming?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a result of this and other missing advertised features, and Fitbit's silence and refusal to provide any updates or support on the issues, I have submitted a formal FTC complaint. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Best Answer

Just found this.  Apparently Citibank supports Apple Pay.  So Fitbit should not be any different.  I really want to use my Costco visa which is Citi based.  It says city in the top left corner.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/citi.action?ID=citi-apple-pay#

Best Answer

Same here. I bought this Fitbit for the Pay feature, unaware that Citibank isn't supported. Every month I check the list of supporting banks, and it never shows up. 😞 This purchase was a mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dropped Fitbit and switched to Apple watch after Fitbit’s lack of response. I could not be happier with Apple watch which supports Citibank, good luck!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on Fitbit it's 2020, it's been 2 years since you could add support. Just picked up Fitbit Sense, disappointed by this as I could use the card on my Samsung Watch that is over 2 years old. 

Best Answer

Same!!! I'm so disappointed, it's been 2 years. My citibank is the only card I use, it's crazy thay it's not supported yet... 😞 I was so excited to use this feature... But I'm not switching to a new cc because of this. 

Best Answer

Wow....I wish I had known about this before deciding to get a FitBit Sense instead of a smartwatch like the TicWatch Pro GPS. This seems especially ludicrous since this has been an open topic (this thread and others) for 4 years, Apple Pay and Google Pay have supported the Citi (Costco) Visa card for years. Very very disappointing.

Best Answer

Anybody can go here to see a list of supported banks and transits. 

The banks need to support the various virtual cards. 

We are simply fitbit users and not aware of the details to add a virtual card payment to a bank 

Have you all voted for this suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep...checked the link and voted for the suggestion. No idea if it's true but I see comments on the topic suggesting that Citi and Costco responded and said that it's not them holding up this up. Then...nothing of substance from FitBit it seems. Sadly, this topic has been open for several years, and there's no hint that it's moving toward resolution. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have little reason to believe this will be resolved anytime soon. Disappointing...it feels like one of the features I thought I was buying simply doesn't work - and won't work. Seems like the incomplete support for major credit cards should be a warning brought to the attention of prospective buyers BEFORE they buy into this system.

Best Answer

5 years later... What the heck Fitbit? I kind of hate you now.

Best Answer
0 Votes