Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 Charger Worse Than Original

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is more of just a feedback post.  I have never been a fan of Fitbit's device chargers.  They are always too fidgety.  The original Fitbit Versa charger wasn't the worst (probably their best charger design yet) because it had the flat base that sat on the surface nicely.  But the Fitbit Versa 2 charger, what the heck happened here!?  It's no longer flat on the bottom so it doesn't sit nice on any surface.  The cable just sticks straight out the bottom so it causes more stress on the cable because it literally just sits on the cable.  It just baffles me that the design team came up with that and was like, yep that's good.  No it's not!  It's terrible!  The Galaxy Watch Active which is the competitor to the Versa, uses wireless charging, for the same price.  You just set the watch down on a charging pad and charge, easy.  Just my immediate thoughts when I got my Versa 2.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

You are so spot on with this review. It is also so much shorter. I am shocked that everyone is not complaining about this cheap piece of junk they call a charger!

Best Answer

I had the same problem, but figured out that I had my laptop and my phone nearby and it can't be connected to both devices. Works great now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased my Versa 2 and very happy with it except for the charger. It works fine but having to fool with it to lay the way you need or want is impossible. Has made me consider if I am going to return it because I really don't want to have to fight with a charger cradle and cable every time I need to charge it. Have lots of devices and have never run into such a bad design for a charger. Fitbit is a quality product so it really surprises me.

Best Answer

Hi @MaryMerry , although I fully agree with you about this charger, see my post 12 of this topic for a (kind of) solution for this charger problem. Works for me very well. When I put my Versa 2 in the charger it's standing upright, instead off on it's side. Regards kuzibri.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought two Versa 2's today at Costco, $139.99 each. Good deal. These will replace the original Versa watches for my wife and I. All good except for that stupid charger design. There is no way that was meant to be the charger the unit shipped with. Perhaps the product manager could join us here and explain what happened and why they had to go to market with this bone headed design for the charger.

Best Answer
Thank you for the information. Will definitely check it out. 😊
Best Answer

Fixed it.

Versa2 charger.jpg

Best Answer

Well , first off nice job .. just hate that we have to resort to homemade improvisation to make this thing work! But wondering if the alphabet company will tear it all up anyway .. hope not but guess we shall see ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And why is every Fitbit Charger incompatible with each other.

Heck, even my kids "Fitbit Ace" and "Fitbit Alta HR" are the exact same design...except for the charging components. sigh.

Best Answer

I've been using this for about 2 months and love them. A 2pk for under $10 is a great price point as wel . 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5FRT4Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uP66DbBKYNT9T

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was in shock when I saw the charger this morning after getting the Versa 2 for my fiance's birthday present.

I thought for a moment maybe the base broke off somehow. How the hell are you supposed to easily charge the watch on your nightstand.

I have the Versa 1 and prefer it's charging base so much more 

One last comment on their design, my fiance pointed out they should supply an easy to understand setup card and streamline the setup process   We are still waiting for the Fitbit to update itself over Bluetooth and it's been at least 90 min.

The watches should be ready to go out of the box and not require an update before using them. 

Best Answer

In fairness the software update was released like two days ago...

However.... that doesn’t defend the TERRIBLE CHARGER DESIGN!!!!

Fitbit surely can’t be blind to how terrible this is!

Best Answer

I agree :hundred_points:, Fitbit is going downhill fast! they got complacent with their leadership in the market and now customers are suffering with unpolished products because of it.

Best Answer

Mine always ends up on its face and is getting scratched, I did find on for the Versa 2 a stand on amazon. My wifes charge is the same way just garbage designing is my guess. That person should be removed an a concept team player put in that position so we dont have to give all our money to the chinese aftermarket.

Best Answer

Nice improvised design...I was about to comment the stupid Versa 2 charger cradle is designed so that its cable goes through a hole on your desk...!? Preposterous...!!!

It is absolutely astonishing to see the precision design going into the watch itself but the Fitbit management approved a piece of junk as a cradle for it..!!! This only brings down the reputation of Fitbit...!

Whoever designed and approved the Versa 2 charger cradle at Fitbit must be fired...!

Best Answer
Hi
Thanks, yes I went down that route within a few days of buying the Versa 2

Andy
Best Answer

The people who designed and approved versa 2 charger should be fired... after Christmas of course 😉

This is a terrible design.

Best Answer

You are right. The fitbit Versa 2 charger is the worst, it look like a fake copy and It is very uncomfortable to charge the watch with it.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The Versa 2 charging dock is an absolute, utter failure.  It was enough for me to return my Versa 2, and go back to something that works properly -- my original Versa.

Glad I'm not the only one considering returning it purely because of the inconvenience. The poor design outweighs any minor differences from the original, simply not worth the money if you're going to take a step back.

Best Answer

This new charger shows total design incompetence. Fitbit need to offer a secure charger for their products, not one that wobbles and risks product damage from falling from the cradle. My three year old granddaughter asked immediately why it doesn't stay flat when I showed her...if a three year old can see this problem, how long before Fitbit respond t say they are sorry and will send a properly designed replacement asap at no charge. What does this say for American designers? Answers please...

Best Answer