Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 Charger Worse Than Original

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is more of just a feedback post.  I have never been a fan of Fitbit's device chargers.  They are always too fidgety.  The original Fitbit Versa charger wasn't the worst (probably their best charger design yet) because it had the flat base that sat on the surface nicely.  But the Fitbit Versa 2 charger, what the heck happened here!?  It's no longer flat on the bottom so it doesn't sit nice on any surface.  The cable just sticks straight out the bottom so it causes more stress on the cable because it literally just sits on the cable.  It just baffles me that the design team came up with that and was like, yep that's good.  No it's not!  It's terrible!  The Galaxy Watch Active which is the competitor to the Versa, uses wireless charging, for the same price.  You just set the watch down on a charging pad and charge, easy.  Just my immediate thoughts when I got my Versa 2.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Now try attaching the Fitbit...boyynnnggg...oops now I smashed my £200 piece of kit on the ceiling!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it's definitely not the best. It just flops around on my desk, and I can't even stick it down on my desk like I did with the original charger, cause you have to pick it up to clamp the watch. Another thing I was confused by was the fact that the charger port had swapped over so the watch sits the other way around as compared to the original Versa. Took me a couple of tries before I realized I had it the wrong way around!

Best Answer

THANK YOU!!  Added it to my cart. Cord seems pretty long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, I have utilised the cable holder on the back of the charger and connected it to my google home cable. Now my Fitbit hangs from the Google home cable next to my bed. It may also work with a phone charging cable depending on the diameter... 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's another (way better) versa 2 charger that comes with 3 bumpers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081DQC6GC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1O8WHTQRICCZB&psc=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't find a wireless charging station that will hold the  fitbit versa 2 watch with two smart phones station. I am not iPhone person, don't like them and they are too hard to operate. ( I like my android phone) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even if it's meant for iPhone, as long as it's wireless or, qi charging, it'll work with android.  If it's not wireless I'd think there'd be 3rd party adapters by now to convert the tip. I know I've seen cords with the adapters like that, just yesterday in fact, but I've never looked for an adapter by itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Versa 2 and can't understand the cable design. I have just stuck a hook on the wall and will hang bersa and charger on that. Hopefully it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way it works for me is removing the band which sucks but it gets the job done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made a small loop with the cable to keep it from laying on its side.

20200227_092542.jpg 20200227_092652.jpg

Best Answer

I agree I have the gen one versa and my cousin just picked up the versa 2 and the cord comes from the back where as the 1st gen versa has it coming from the side. Fitbit is known for changing their chargers all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is the absolute worst. I had a versa and the distance was always at least .25 of a mile off because it doesn't have GPS it uses some average pace length. Then my wife's versa went out after a little over a year and she just got the versa 2 and I saw the ignorant design of the charger. It is like Fitbit is asking its consumers to hate them. Like really why would you design a charger that way. I encourage everyone to find a Garmin in their price range it is a far superior product. Also Fitbit your dumb!

Best Answer

Yet another **ahem**ed "cradle" to carry. Why couldn't they just make a waterproof micro USB or lightening port for connectivity? Or better yet, wireless! So now I have to carry yet another specialized cradle with a fixed cable attached. If I don't happen to have that cradle nearby if the watch runs down, I'm screwed instead of just being able to use a commonly available cable and connector. So on top of all the cables and cradles for GPS, phone, laptop/tablet, when travelling, I now have to carry a special  cradle for  charging my watch! Fitbit . . . please at least make a much smaller travel adapter for charging that doesn't take up as much room and can connect to a micro USB or lightening cable so it's not so bulky and other cables can be used instead of adding yet another cable to carry.

Best Answer

I agree, it's a stupid design, but the simple answer is to lay it on a coke can or an overturned cup. I do that all the time.

I reckon Fitbit must have had the trainee design team on this one 😂

Best Answer

After four times on with support for different issues and the lousy design with the charging cable I have requested an Apple Watch and phone for my birthday

Best Answer
🤭
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why not just buy a third party charger for your ffitbit? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. Who thought yes lets make a charger that sits flat on 0 sides... How many people okay'd this design before it hit the market too... hello did no one try it out...? 

Best Answer
Because products can be expected nowadays to be properly designed. When paying top whack then you should not expect a naf accessory. This sgould have been replaced for anyone who asked. Fitbit display contempt for their customers by ignoring such reasonable criticism of their product

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I just got it this morning and it's awful. Really considering whether to return the whole thing because of the stupid charger design.

Best Answer