Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 not sending voice responses

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When my watch was trying to register what I had voice texted I hit the back button by accident. Now anytime i try and voice text it just goes back to the screen to choose your response options after listening to what i wanted to send. Dont know hos to fix it

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

It's great to see you around @Katie111. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that when you're using the voice text it goes back to the main screen. In this case, I would like you to restart your Versa 2 and then try using the voice text. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue restarting did notbhelp

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the restart instructions below, and the issue is resolved.

Best Answer

@Jessmm11 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the restart performed. 

It's pretty weird that your Versa 2 voice responses aren't working. I would like you to confirm you did this procedure to set quick replies. If you're still experiencing issues, please let me know the phone that you're using. This feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone (7.0+). 

@GinaC2 A warm welcome to the Community. I'm glad to hear that after you did the restart it started working properly. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the above procedures and instructions to restart and it still isn't working. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitzy2014 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the restart performed. I would like you to provide me with more details in order to continue assisting you. 

- Which mobile device do you have? 

- Which apps are you using with voice responses?

- Has it worked before? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so I have the galaxy s9 plus. I only use the voice responses for texting. I dont have any alerts other than texting come through. I was able to use it before. I just got the watch end of November. The only apps on there are the ones auto installed and starbucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitzy2014 Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate the details shared. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email, please check your inbox 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could u tell me why its doing this and how to fix it please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have yet to give me a solution that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Takirra Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to confirm you've restarted your Versa 2 and that you have met all the requirements described here: How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? Could you let me know the phone you're using?

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought 4 Fit Bit Versa 2 watches. 3 of these watches no longer respond to any voice commands. We all have Samsung phones. Alexa will not respond and none of us can do voice responses to texts or messenger. All of these features worked fine until a month ago. We have restarted the watches, uninstalled the app, restarted our phones, rebooted our wifi, and tried every suggestion we can find. Nothing works. One phone is a Note 8, second phone is Note 9, and 3rd is a 10Se.

Please help. We loved these watches and it is disappointing that we can no longer use any voice commands.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue with my Versa 2. I received it as a Christmas Gift and have loved it except about 2 months ago voice response stopped working. I have gone through and tried all the suggested fixes but have not had any luck. Please help, its too big an investment to only get partial use out of it and the voice response ability was the main feature that had me put it on my wish list in the first place!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't help. I was able to return mine and was done with it. I was sad
but glad I got most of my money back

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is frustrating. I have been a FitBit user since 2016 and was hoping it
could be fixed. I am seriously considering just switching to a Samsung
Galaxy Active if it can't be fixed though because I am not happy with
having this much money paid out for a device that does not preform as it
should. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it was so frustrating... I went back and forth with the support team
for weeks. They wouldn't listen to what I was telling them and kept having
me do things over and over. I even got a replacement one before I was done
with them and still had the same problem. I was just done at that point and
then got charged a restock fee.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to me it is in the program update somewhere. Someone entered a code that prevents the voice commands from working. It can't be just the Alexa app since it won't work with any voice commands. Smh

Best Answer
0 Votes

They tried to tell me that too and it didn't work

--
Amanda M. Shull, EdD, MSW

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DrJanetD @LanaB-chn @Fitzy2014 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where you're coming from. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. In this case, I would like you to confirm that you have the latest firmware installed on your Versa 2 which is 35.70.8.0 and the latest Fitbit app version too. 

Also, please ensure that you have followed this procedure to set Alexa app on your watch. If you're still experiencing difficulties with this, please let me know the error message you're receiving when talking to the Alexa app. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes