Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 not sending voice responses

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When my watch was trying to register what I had voice texted I hit the back button by accident. Now anytime i try and voice text it just goes back to the screen to choose your response options after listening to what i wanted to send. Dont know hos to fix it

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40
I have checked all that. It doesn't give an error message just acts like it
hears nothing then goes back to "try asking Alexa..." or with voice reply
for text it just sets there like it hears nothing and then clears out back
to the quick reply options.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. All 3 of our devices that no longer recognize voice commands are updated. Something is wrong with the latest firmware. We all used Alexa on our watches and always used voice commands. Something changed in the latest update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I absolutely agree , it is definitely a firmware issue because before the
update mine was working great also
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issie for the past 2-3 days and ive done everything restarted, remove the device from the fitbit app amd reinstalled, logged put my alexa account. Made sure permissions for microhpone for fitbit were allowed.

It pretends it can't hear a **ahem** thing i say, goes back to quick reply or it says try asking alexa.....

Please fitbit, fix this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now updating my post to include that ALL 4 Fitbit Versa 2 watches fail to respond to ANY voice commands. The same problem happens with the 2 watches my parents also have - this means we have 6 of your devices that fail on voice command responses. 6 watches! 

It acts as if it is doing something, but nothing happens. Alexa no longer works and none of the voice commands we use to use for texting and Messenger fail. 

Do NOT suggest another restart or checking for updates. All of our devices are updated and our watches are as well. This has been going on for almost 3 months now, if not longer. 

Now, we get emails to purchase the newer version watch? I will never buy another Fitbit product if support cannot tend to the current issues. 

I teach business and marketing courses and one of the basic topics is consumer relationships and company ethics. Company ethics includes responding to technical issues when you are aware of a situation preventing consumers from using your product. I recommend that someone from the company actually do something about these failed watches. Consumer loyalty is falling and it is a shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanaB-chn @Vivian25 @DrJanetD Hi there. Thank you for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Please try the following troubleshooting: 

@DrJanetD I appreciate that you mentioned you have 4 Fitbit Versa 2 and all of them are not responding to any voice commands. Before creating a case for you with our Support team please try the procedure mentioned below. 

1.On the Fitbit app, click Account, then click Versa 2, then turn on All-Day Sync and Always Connected.
2.Check your phone settings > Go to Apps > search for Fitbit and make sure background data is not restricted.
3.If the problem persists, please clear the cache of the Fitbit and Alexa app and try again.
4.Please use voice reply feature. On the Fitbit app > Go to Account > Tap on the Versa 2 icon > Notifications

If after trying the above, the voice reply feature isn't working either please let me know. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. But, we have done all of that many, many times. Nothing works. You all need to check thd firmware update you did last.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. I have followed every troubleshooting suggestion I can find but
nothing helps. It is really disappointing
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've gone through all of the steps. I even factory reset. Is there something wrong with the programming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe there is. Mine, and many of the others who are having this issue,
lost voice connectivity after the last update was pushed out. I feel it is
related to a flaw in that update not the device itself. It's just very
frustrating that fitbit is hearing the same thing from so many of us and
still nothing is being done but they are pushing out the next level of this
device regardless. We just want the device we already have to work as it
should or why even bother to purchase or recommend the next one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its still not working after all of this trouble shooting....

I don't know what to do at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought mine in April 2020 at target and it was working perfectly fine until the latest update. All this trouble shooting isnt fixing anything.

Fitbit as other user's have commented it IS something with the last update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not receiving error message with Alexa, it just won't respond to my voice or any voice. When trying to reply to messages it says transcription error. I have the 35.71.6.19 watch and Android 10 on phone. Everything is up to date with latest versions. Restarted and **ahem** down app as well as logged out and back in. It worked until about a month ago and then it just stopped. I want an answer it resolve this issue asap. This feature was why I chose this watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what's happening to me mine was working fine it's 2022 I have a versa two idk what this new update or something it won't let me same message now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with me it's 2022 I have a versa two and it was working until a little while ago... Now it's the transaction error when replying to text with voice doesn't work anymore

Best Answer

Mine too. "Transcription Error" when trying to use voice reply.  It's got to be because of the recent update... Thanks a lot

Best Answer

Everyone needs to reach out to support of Fitbit either via Facebook or the website the more people that are affected the faster they may do something to fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the above suggestions and my voice to text is still not working, I keep getting a transcription error message. I have a galaxy s9+ I use messenger and text message app on my fitbit versa 2 and this morning March 31, 2022 my voice to text option was working perfectly fine, this afternoon it stopped working completely and now when I try to voice to text it only gives me the error message. I have tried restarting my phone, restarting my app, deleting the app and installing it again, logging out and back in to my fitbit app and a complete factory reset and none of this has worked. Any more suggestions on how to fix this? I work away and can not have my phone open during the day and receiving and responding to my text messages is the reason I chose a fitbit versa 2 I would love to resolve this issue. 

Best Answer
I've reached out to support with no luck as I have the exact same problem. Looks to me like they did some sort of update that has started the error. I suggest reaching out to support via chat or by calling and advise of the issue.The more reports they have the faster they can fix .

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes