Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Firmware update,Factory reset,Switching off,after 1 yr 2 months.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems to be a bit of a problem with this watch.

Mine started to play up after the latest firmware update done 2 days ago.

I say play up what I mean is is that it wouldn't stay on.

I synced and then did a factory reset which then bricked the watch giving the red cross of death, failed to clear data sync and try again screen

I have tried everything that has been suggested on this forum but nothing has worked.

I eventually rang customer services (Veronica from Columbia Thank you) and she managed to force through the firmware update again and all was well.

Until I hung up.

The watch is 100% charged but it switches off and will only come back on again when in its cradle.

It's all rather strange that this should be happening with the firmware update and the launch of the Versa 2.

My other half is really upset as this was a birthday present to me and it cost over £200 of her hard saved money,

If all I am offered is 25% off a new watch then I will not be buying nor recommending Fitbit products ever.

My first Vauxhall Viva was more reliable than this watch.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

What was the reason for the factory reset @Brian-A- 

Best Answer

Hi, Rich_Laue the reason for the factory reset was because after the latest firmware update the watch would not stay on for very long when fully charged.

I synced it with the Fitbit app then did the factory reset via the -settings-about-factory reset route.

It then restarted with the red cross and data not cleared sync and try again message.

I read and re-read the suggestions here and tried them but nothing worked.

I rang customer services who forced through the firmware again and this got the phone working again for which I was very grateful.

However, within minutes of hanging up the watch switched itself off or seemed to.

The watch would then only start-up by being put in its charging cradle but even then would turn itself off after a few minutes.

Before going to bed I put the watch on a charge with fingers crossed. When I did so it showed that the battery level was 0%.

The watch is as dead as a dodo this morning showing 0% when put in and out of its cradle.

I have 2 Fitbit cradles.

This watch was working 100% with 100% charge on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and now I have absolutely nothing.

Surely a factory reset would not be a problem ?

If it is it shouldn't be an option.

Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A quick update.

After ringing customer services just now I was given two options.

1. A complimentary replacement of the one I have or

2.50% off a new Fitbit product.

However this 50% did not include the new Versa 2, Ace or Ace 2 so I've taken the complimentary replacement.

I'm very happy with the service and response from customer services and hopefully, the watch will be trouble-free.

Thanks for reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A factory reset should not be a problem @Brian-A- i asked because i figured that something was wrong that led up to trying a factory reset. 

Personally i would go back to them and ask that your case be escalated. It was following their advice by updating the firmware that caused the problem. I would ask for either a replacement or a discount for the Versa 2. Why should a discount apply to only a watch that would be a step down? 

Best Answer

Good afternoon Rich,I totally agree that there should have been a reduction on the Versa 2 but then I would be spending another £100.

I had no issues with the Versa prior to the firmware update and wasn't thinking of upgrading it so that is why I chose a replacement.

I was a little cheesed off when I questioned the factory reset so apologies.

Many thanks for your replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes