Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa HR monitoring stopped working in less than a month (BUYER BEWARE)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Fitbit Versa on Fathers Day this year and this past Friday July 13th the heart rate monitoring stopped working. I went for a run that morning and realized that my heart rate was not tracked at all. Given that this is not my first rodeo with Fitbit products being glitchy, I went into troubleshooting mode. None of the myriad of proposed solutions worked. What I did however discover is that this is a serious problem with the Versa. 

Simply put, I am tired of this process of purchasing a Fitbit product and having it fail as a result of either poor build quality or problematic software glitches. I joined the Fitbit band wagon with the Charge (which I have to replace three times because of the band bubbling), to the Charge HR (Which did improve but I got tired of buying replacement bands), to now the Versa which had the Heart Rate monitor fail. I will go through the process of getting a replacement. But I am finished with this company. I don't expect Apple Watch quality; I understand the nature of what I paid for. But one month? That is not acceptable. 

I plan to warn customers of this issue on every forum I am on because this is a legitimate issue. The best thing Fitbit has going is the App, their devices leave much to be desired in build quality. If you wish to risk multiple replacements then go ahead. As for me, I think it is time to abandon ship. The **ahem**ty thing is as durable as the Apple Watch is, the battery life kills it for me. But after these failures on behalf of being a longstanding Fitbit customer; it's time to given them a shot.

I hope this helps those of you who are considering this watch (so well "reviewed" as competition for the Apple Watch). Well there is a caveat. The Fitbit Versa is a more affordable and practical option relative to the Apple Watch; but you are beholden to lack luster quality that will leave you as disgruntled as I am. I have the history, the devices and the headaches to prove it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Since you didn't elaborate on "none of the proposed solutions worked", we have no way of knowing what you tried.  I had the same problem earlier and a Factory Reset fixed it for me and it has not happened again.

Best Answer
Fair point. I first went into the settings and toggled the HR monitoring
option on the watch itself. Then synced it, turned it on and synced it
again. I removed the device from my app and reconnected it. I shut it down
many times with the three button hold and using the shutdown option on the
watch feature. I did a factory reset this morning; still nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fair point. I first went into the settings and toggled the HR monitoring option on the watch itself OFF. Then synced it and went back into the watch settings to turn HR monitoring ON and synced it again. I also removed the device from my app and reconnected and reconfigured (WiFi and all). I shut it down many times with the three button hold as well and using the “shutdown”option on the settings menu. I did the factory reset this morning; still nothing. The HR lights never flicker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear that and was hoping maybe the Factory Reset would do it for you  also.  Why don't you give Customer Support a try?

Best Answer

Thank you cbwilsha, I am waiting to get the follow up contact. I submitted a case today, I guess I have to give credit to the fact that support team was available today.

Best Answer
0 Votes