Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa - Removal of app that won't complete download

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

So I got my Fitbit Versa, but I have some trouble with controlling the apps installed on the watch. I tried to download the Coach App, but it just keeps buffering. I've tried to restart, charge ect., but each time I go to the Fitbit App on my phone, it just tells me that the download of an app was incomplete and asks me if I want to continue downloading. No matter what I answer to this question (Not now or continue download), it keeps buffering and it has been for 2 days now.

How do I stop it from buffering? How do I remove the app? I've tried on the fitbit app on the phone, but there's no remove app option if I tap the app. I've tried to connect to computer and use the online fitbit dashboard, but I can't find anywhere to control the apps on the watch from the online dashboard. Is there even a way to stop this buffering and remove the coach app??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner This is a big app and it takes forever to load/update.  Your Versa has to have at least 40% battery life and connected to wifi.  If i'ts less than 40%, just put it on the charger and it should take off.  If not, close the app and go back into it.  I have noticed that when you are updating or loading apps, you have to stay in the app.  Once it finally updates, you can uninstall it from the Fitbit app.  I just did this myself this morning.  I have no use for this app and I uninstalled it after it updated.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

You can access your apps from your PC but not by going to Fitbit.com.  You need to have the Fitbit app on your pc. Yeah, I know, apps, apps, apps. I have a windows PC and downloaded the app from the Windows store. Once I did that I made sure my watch was connected to the same Wifi network as my PC. Connecting your watch to a network is done from the phone app. You can find that on the phone app page that is accessed by clicking on the watch icon in the upper right hand corner of the app. Once the watch and pc are on the same wifi network, you should find your watch listed in the PC app. Click on it and you will get a page that has a number of tabs for the watch, one being apps. Looks just like what you would find on your phone. Hopefully by going this route you can fix your problem. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner This is a big app and it takes forever to load/update.  Your Versa has to have at least 40% battery life and connected to wifi.  If i'ts less than 40%, just put it on the charger and it should take off.  If not, close the app and go back into it.  I have noticed that when you are updating or loading apps, you have to stay in the app.  Once it finally updates, you can uninstall it from the Fitbit app.  I just did this myself this morning.  I have no use for this app and I uninstalled it after it updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried this and can't see how I delete install.  Is there not a way of stopping the download. it says download later but this does not stop the download and does not delete the download so every time I go on the apps section it tries to download again. Also mean it breaks the sync so have to reboot the phone to restart the sync. The app is the puzzle app 

Best Answer

How do I get the coach app off my versa. It’s been loading for 2 weeks and I have great WiFi. Please help this is annoying and I’m considering returning it. 

Best Answer
I had a problem with a different app and emailed the developer who
contacted fitbit development team and solved the problem.

Hope it works
Gary
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted the developer who contacted fitbit and they sorted out the problem. 

Hope it works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue - I did all the things the troubleshooting said - uninstalled, restarted, made sure it was charged, plugged in etc.  What worked for me was when I to fitbit.com and it allowed me to either refresh the download or cancel it - I refreshed it and it's all been fine ever since.  Just another issue with Fitbit's terrible app

Best Answer

Same with me I have tried everything but it still doesn’t work so can I know what’s going on

Best Answer
0 Votes