Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa SE unable to set up (again) on Android phone Huawei p8 Lite 2017 model

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa is about 3 months old, I had not had any problems for a month or so, but I noticed that my Fitbit stopped syncing with the application on my phone from the 6th of September 2018, so yesterday (14 November 2018) I decided to uninstall the application (Which I had done before to try and fix this issue) and also reset my Fitbit Versa SE to the factory settings as well. I have spent the last hour online reading all about things that could prevent setting up the device on the application, and still nothing has worked. I have not been able to connect the Fitbit at all. I keep getting stuck on the "searching for Versa" screen, is searches for not too long and then shows "Found it!" and "connecting..." Then all of a sudden it shows the screen "Not working?" and gives three possible reasons as to why it is not working and the option to "Try Again". I am sure I've tried about 30 times this morning and nothing seems to get me past this screen. My Fitbit is fully charged, My phone's power saving mode is off. the location services are running (and the app has permission to access my location), my Bluetooth has been reset a thousand times, I don;t have any other Bluetooth devices active at the moment, My Fitbit application has permission to run in the background, the WiFi network that I am connected to is secure and stable, I have restarted my phone multiple times as well as restarted the Fitbit device. I don't know what I could possibly do other than what I have done already. And now I can't use my Fitbit for anything as it had been reset to factory settings. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AGetting_Started&cu=1&fs...

But I don’t understand how I have been able to sync before (using a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 model phone) and now all of a sudden it is marked as ‘Incompatible with the Fitbit app?

Please help me, I really love using my Fitbit. I came across this page a few minutes ago…

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Maddy9111 September 6 2018 corresponds to Fitbit mobile app update to version 2.78. Have you tried any version below that? How about installing 2.74.2? Look for it on the internet. 

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings and remove it from your Fitbit account (mobile app)
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install an older build of Fitbit mobile app (2.74.2). 
  4. Factory reset your Versa and place it in the charging dock when the screen displays Setup message. Make sure both your phone and Versa are near your router
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app and start setup procedure by adding a new device
  6. Add Wifi network in your Fitbit mobile app and follow onscreen instructions.

Additional tips if sync issues persist: Go to Fitbit mobile app and remove WIFI that you set up during the firmware update, sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected, Keep Alive Widget and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately the lite model Huawei are problematic with Fitbits. If it has previously worked it is a bit of a miracle. Having stopped working it would be unusual for it to work again. Unfortunately I think you will need to try a different devuce to sync with. But no harm (and possibly a gain) in trying all the suggestions in THIS Help Article on Syncing problems.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Maddy9111 September 6 2018 corresponds to Fitbit mobile app update to version 2.78. Have you tried any version below that? How about installing 2.74.2? Look for it on the internet. 

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings and remove it from your Fitbit account (mobile app)
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install an older build of Fitbit mobile app (2.74.2). 
  4. Factory reset your Versa and place it in the charging dock when the screen displays Setup message. Make sure both your phone and Versa are near your router
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app and start setup procedure by adding a new device
  6. Add Wifi network in your Fitbit mobile app and follow onscreen instructions.

Additional tips if sync issues persist: Go to Fitbit mobile app and remove WIFI that you set up during the firmware update, sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected, Keep Alive Widget and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer