Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Screen fell out of Frame

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I live in Australia, Sydney (the relevancy of this will come later), I bought a Fitbit Versa last year (May if I recall if I correctly) so as of this moment my device is almost a year old give or take a couple of months.

I wear it every day cause its my watch and I use step counter. Also despite the swim distance log it apparently has I don't get it wet when I can avoid it.

Today, I glance down at my Fitbit to find the screen (so the bit which displays all the data) has effectively come off and is hanging by the cable just out of where it sits in the rose gold frame.

I was naturally quite shocked as I wasn't doing anything that would warrant or could accidently cause a break at that instant. I was only sorting out clothes, so all I potentially did was brush against some cloth and it came loose.

I have slipped and banged it against things before (cause I use it while exercising and accidents happen), but nothing at the least in the last 24-48 hours from what I recall.

So, my question is why has it come loose?

Could it be the heatwave that we are currently experiencing in Sydney (30-40 degrees Celsius or more some days, with sometimes 90% or more humidity)?

As I currently don't live in a residence with air conditioning and technically this is the first summer I have owned this device.

On a brighter note it still works thankfully, and I currently have some tape wrapped around it hoping the glue or whatever was holding it re-sets and all is well again.

If it doesn't fix itself in this manner, how would I go about fixing this it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Meg2410 tape and shell case protector. They have these cute silicone cases on Amazon. I got a light pink, goes well with rose gold. It should help mask the tape. I'm also flagging your post for Customer Support assistance. Perhaps they could advise something else. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

@Meg2410 tape and shell case protector. They have these cute silicone cases on Amazon. I got a light pink, goes well with rose gold. It should help mask the tape. I'm also flagging your post for Customer Support assistance. Perhaps they could advise something else. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thanks, I'll have a look and hope for a more permanent fix in the meantime... just relieved everything appears to still be functioning. Also took pictures but no idea how to put them on here (in-case it helps customer support).

Best Answer

@Meg2410 Customer Support might ask for pictures indeed. 👍🏻

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Meg2410 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your damaged Versa. This does sound odd. I have created a ticket so our Support team can assist you. You will get an email from them. @Marrrmaduke thank you for letting me know about this.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit thank you so much for coming to our rescue! 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

So the same thing happened to my Versa this morning; I wasn't doing anything strenuous and the face just fell out...except mine is not hanging on, it came completely free and when I put it back on, the Versa doesn't start working again.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeffro815 Please reach out to Customer Support. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it resolved? I 'm asking because I have experienced same issue yesterday after I completed my swimming.

Best Answer

In regards to my Fitbit, it wasn't something that could be resolved and ultimately it had to be replaced.

I would advise anyone having the same or similar problem as I did to get in contact with Fitbit customer services as soon as possible, I found them most helpful and very quick at assisting me with this problem.

Best Answer
Yeah, I got on the Fitbit website and initiated a chat with support and they had me send a picture of the damaged Fitbit and then answer some questions....eventually leading to them sending me a replacement Versa.  It worked out pretty well.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

My FitBit versa (rose gold) face fell out last night.  Sent pictures and info to FitBit got told mine is outside of the warranty time frame (I got mine when they first came out in 2018).  So they sent me an email stating they are sending me an email to get 25% off my next Fitbit if I buy certain ones, and within 30 days.  I don't want a new one, nor do I have money for a new one.  So I have looked online how to fix it and says I need a strong jewelery adhesive, such as z7000 glue.  Looks like I am going that route, if it don't work, guess goodbye FitBit 😞 

Best Answer

Same issue and exactly the same response.  It works OK - but cannot wear it at all. I'm going to try the glue and see of it works. 

Best Answer

My wife had the same issue so I contacted their customer support number to see if it could be fixed. I was advised that they do not have a repair department and the watch was six months out of warranty coverage. I simply wanted the watch fixed because it still works and was willing to pay to have this done but they can`t be repaired apparently. The only solution I was offered is a discount code to purchase a new watch but if this is the support you get I will not buy another Fitbit product again. I wish Pebble had not sold out to Fitbit because they had the best smartwatch in my opinion. My advice is stay away from Fitbit and get a Apple or Samsung watch.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

There is another topic on this which has a lot lot responses, but in short, my wife’s Versa failed with this defect a total of 6 times in a 10 month period.

Initially we handled this directly with the Retailer under Australian consumer law, but on the last occasion, we thought we would try Fitbit Customer Service.

While admitably polite, was absolutely useless.  Agreed to replace once they received the old (6th) Versa back, but would not warrant that it would last any longer than the original warranty.

Given that it failed 6 times in 10 months we were understandably not encouraged to continue with the Versa.

We opted to at the Australian Retailer to exchange for a Charge 3, which has not had an issue at all.

Given that Fibit has never acknowledge that this was a known defect and have never annouced that it had been fixed in either the Versa 1 or Versa 2 models, I could not recommend this particular Fitbit product.

Best Answer

I've had my Versa for over a year and it's been great until Super Bowl Sunday,  when I looked down and saw that the screen had lifted. I hadn't banged it, hadn't got it wet, nothing .....I pressed to down and put a small thin rubber band around it to keep it on.  Seemed ok, till I tried to swipe it and no response.   Then I tried the two side button and and I only get the music screen or the alarm screen.  And neither screen reacts to touch or another button push.  I cant use it anymore except as a watch and step tracker.  I'm thinking about going to the Versa 2, but not if it has the same type of screen that could lift....How do I contact Fitbit to get more info?

My glass separated on Jan 26. 2020.  And I pushed it on and secured it with a small rubberband.  But the screen wont swipe and if I use the right side buttons, all I get is Transfer Music (top button) and alarms (bottom button) and even with that I can't change my alarms.  What can I do?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine just does steps and basically the watch screen and nothing else. Fitbit customer service were no help at all. Waste of $$200+ dollars.

My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mizarmstrong ,

Unfortunately it looks like you are out of warranty directly with Fitbit and experience has shown that they probably will not be helpful, but its still worth a try with customer service.

Failing that it depends on the consumer laws where you live.  Here in Australia, the Retailer must provide warranty support for at least 1 year independent of the manufacturer or prove that the item sold was fit for purpose which this particular issue would fail under Australian consumer protection law.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful 😔

@agb2019 

Dumb question, but have you tried resetting it?  Or maybe removing the device from your account and then go through the process of adding a new device?

Chhers

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have but no luck. Thanks though.

My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've had it happen twice now (the face coming off the watch).  The first time, a year ago now, it popped off and was no longer attached to the watch.  By then I'd had it about 10 months so I contacted support and they had me answer some questions, send then a photo, and then they sent me a new one.

The face on my replacement popped off about 8 months later, BUT, it remained attached to the innards of the watch.  So this time I used superglue and reattached it and it's been working fine for the past three months.  It's a ghetto fix, I know, but I didnt want to wait for customer support again.

As for why it happened...who knows.  But I do believe it's a known issue with the Fitbit itself since they were so accommodating about replacing my original one.

Best Answer