Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa died after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used my Versa for swimming in a pool today for the first time. Although I have owned it for several years this was the first time I have used it swimming.

It worked fine, recorded my lengths accurately and saved the data on my watch with all the stats. I was really pleased.

10-15 mins later after changing I put my watch back on and went to sync with my phone app and the versa wasn’t dead. 

Black screen, no lights and no response when pressing button. The lights on the back look a bit misted and steamed up, which looks like water damage.

I use my versa a lot for cycling, running and walking so it is really sad and frustrating that swimming has broken it. 

Is there any way I can get my versa repaired or replaced? You say it is designed for swimming but that isn’t obviously not the case.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately fitbits tend not to be repairable. Defective trackers are usually replaced when still covered by the warranty but it sounds like your warranty will no longer be in place. I think your best option would be to contact customer support to see if they can help in any way: contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Steve.

I actually mis-remembered: after checking it turns out I only bought my Versa in April or May 2018. So it might still be in warranty...I will have to see if I still have the Jon Lewis receipt (which I probably through out thinking it was several years old).

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the UK the warranty is 2 years and a receipt is not always necessary so you should be ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have had my Versa less than 1 yr and this is the 2nd Fitbit that has died in the pool. I contacted Fitbit Support at https://help.fitbit.com/ and they did troubleshooting then offered me 1/2 off a new watch or a free refurbished  replacement. I accepted the replacement only to have it go out in the pool. I think I'll just take another free replacement & research other smart watches after this watch goes out & warranty is up

Best Answer
0 Votes