Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa is slower than Fitbit Blaze!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The topic title says it all. The speed difference in launching apps on the Versa vs "apps" on the Blaze is breath taking. Don't believe me? Look at this short 4 second clip I uploaded to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaVgVt_Cb2w

I've noticed this with every app. On the Versa, you click on an icon, wait for a solid 2 seconds during which time you see a splash screen with the icon and then you get to the contents of the app. On the Blaze, it is less than a second. So short it is hard to measure. Probably a third or a half second. So, the Versa is around 4 times or 6 times slower than the Blaze, which is two whole years old at this point, might I add, in launching stuff. This is painfully noticeable when I want to check my daily stats in the "Today" app. So much so that I kind of dread checking it. I distinctly remember thinking, "oh boy" to myself whenever I wanted to check the stats knowing fully well that it is gonna be super slow.

So, I resorted to having a clock face that gives me as much stats as possible (I see everything except number of hours I moved 250 steps). And let us not forget that closing an app is just as time consuming an activity. Fitbit Blaze? No problem. It closes the app as soon as you click the back button. Not a moment of delay.

Seriously, Fitbit! You have to step up your game here. This is alpha level product polish. In this day and age, this kind of slowness feels like a throwback to feature phones. I like the Versa don't get me wrong. It has some cool features and capabilities, that I simply won't get from the Blaze. But I feel that it is a compromise over the Blaze. It is like the good stuff is hidden behind an unappealing flaw.

The apps that run on the Versa are barebones. They have nothing in them. It shouldn't be hard to make it more efficient and launch the apps much faster. I know I bought into a clearly "Work-In-Progress" platform and I hope that Fitbit really polishes this up soon and brings it to a "Beta" level soon.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Side note: You may be thinking, "that's a very first world problem, can't you wait for 2 extra seconds?". I guess. But as the saying goes, "You know what's worse than no WiFi? A slow one!"

Trust me, it is very annoying, especially after being used to such responsiveness for the last 2 years. It is very jarring and frustrating. I can open and close the "Today" section of my Fitbit Blaze faster than I can even open it once on the Versa.

Best Answer