Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa not working after swim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got in the pool today with my children and turned on the swim exercise. Now my fitbit Versa won't come on. What do I need to do. I just received it Monday. Thanks in advance!!!

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

My fitbit just died after swimming with it. Don't understand why this watches can have a longer life. It seems like they make them so you have to change them every two years. 😒

Best Answer

They offer the same to me. I just wish they built better quality trackers. Not getting fitbit ever again.

Best Answer

Totally agree. 

Best Answer

I had a charge 3 in 2018 and the screen went hazy after the first swim, so I returned it and then swapped it for a Versa 3.  Used Versa several times swimming and it was ok before, but this time round it appears to be completely dead.  Tried all the charging, switching on/off techniques but nope its definitely dead, does not even react when on charge.  It is past the warranty date now so is there anything I can do, to get a replacement or is it tough luck?  I do not think these should be marketed as swim proof, think fitbit should test these more first.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Fit bit markets these as swim proof but they are not. They are not
truthful and do not back up their products. I have been censured multiple
times by the moderator of this post who states my comments are
inflammatory. Make a better product, and people won't be upset.
I'm sorry that you are having the same problem as most fit bit owners....
or former owners.
Best Answer
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sarah,
Sorry to hear about that. You are not alone.
I had a Charge 2, which I sold to a friend before buying the Versa. My
Versa was okay for my first 20 minute swim last December, then it failed
the next day on a 30 minute swim (never more than 3 feet below the
surface). I was a week or two out of warranty so I got lucky in that they
saw my poste, contacted me, and sent me a replacement a few weeks after
receiving my faulty Versa. So, there is some level of caring and customer
service there.
I did not know that the Versa 3 was released yet. If your Versa is past the
one year warranty you may be out of luck, but worth trying if not long out
of warranty. I wanted to get them to send me the Versa 2 and even pay the
upgrade but Fitbit refused 😞
I totally agree that they need to stop promoting the Versa as swimproof if
it fails in the water. I only had a 30 day warranty on my replacement so I
was too afraid to swim with it. Indoor pools are hard to get into these
days, and impossible here in Vancouver. It is pretty sad that Fitbit has
such a lack of confidence in their products that they only provide a 30 day
warranty on a replacement. Also, if they don't like the honest feedback,
instead of putting up an honest reply, they usually call your comments
inflammatory and then take down your poste 😞
Good luck
Leslie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine took a death coming from an ash of a donkey. I've had it two years, so out of warranty. Customer service was super rude and pushy to get me off chat. I've bad this thing in water no problem. This whole time all up until I went kayaking Saturday.. it didn't even get wet but now it won't turn on. Dead. It flashes a black screen every now and then when I go to do the hard factory reset, but its not every time. Switching to the Samsung Active2. By fitbit. Been loyal since 2012. Its not me. Its you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died the first day I swam with it.

Best Answer
Good luck getting a replacement. They offer 15% off a new one and think
that's ok. Why keep making the same mistake over and over again?
Best of luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my Versa 2 has been fine swimming all summer.  Yesterday, the left button stopped working completely.  I can access everything from the top right button now, although if I use the stopwatch, I can't get back to the watch, other than letting it go black and waiting 10-15s.  Anyone know if this could be a button issue or is it "it got wet" issue?

THX!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did exactly the same then I got a replacement and that did exactly the same ! Rubbish product

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second versa I have bought because after using on the swim function, the watch goes black and malfunctions..  is my versa done for ?.. can it be fixed? Or will I have to purchase a 3rd one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I personally hate Apple products.  Thanks tho. My hubby bought me Versa 2 for my 40th and its fabulous!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa just suddenly stopped working half an hour after a swim.  I've been swimming with it regularly for a couple years. Today, it was working in the pool, and it was still working & synched when I got home, but now all of a sudden it won't light up, even now that I have it plugged into the charger.  I rinsed it and dried it with a soft towel after getting home.  The app & bluetooth can't find it. I've tried pressing and holding the buttons to reset, but that has not worked yet. I don't see any signs of water getting inside it. Is it really dead, or can it be rebooted somehow?  Help please!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you can't do a factory reset, it's dead. . .When mine died, went to the
Inspire. Have had it for a couple of years now and have to charge it every
two-three days.

They don't make these devices to last longer than two years.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit bit wouldn’t hear any of my concerns they just said “there is nothing we can do”. I’ve moved onto Apple after years of disappointment and 5 Fitbit products later and wow wish I did it years ago instead using this cheap, unreliable company. Swam in my Apple Watch about a hundred times and not a single issue. These watched should be in Poundland!

Charlotte Osborne
Best Answer
0 Votes

The sent me a new and upgrade it. I haven't had any issues with this
one. --

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@maforte40 which device did you get to replace your Versa? And have you used it for swimming? They don't make the original Versa anymore, and mine is definitely dead.  I'm trying to decide which device I should get to replace it with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! My Versa was replaced by the same type. It was fine for swimming after that but I dried it immediately after swimming and did not wear it when I showered.
Best Answer