Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa not working after swim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got in the pool today with my children and turned on the swim exercise. Now my fitbit Versa won't come on. What do I need to do. I just received it Monday. Thanks in advance!!!

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

I started swimming with my Fitbit Versa and for the first week everything was ok, then I couldn't stop the swimming exercise and after that the watch just stopped working (no touchscreen, buttons didn't work and the logo appeared and wouldn't go away). I complained and they sent me a replacement and the same thing happened to this Versa also!!!!!!!!! I am waiting to see what they will tell me now!! I am very annoyed!!!

Best Answer

My 2nd Versa just died after 2 weeks swimming(the first one also died after 2 weeks swimming)! I sent them a message and requested a refund since I want the watch FOR SWIMMING and of course I would send back the other 2 versas!! Waiting to see what they say!

Best Answer

Yikes sorry to read 2nd Versa is not working. I swim 3 times a week for at least hours each time. My replacement Versa is working great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I'm probably going to get another replacement. Hope this one works cause I really like the watch!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been reading all the posts as my versa just died after 4 swims, but no issues for 4 months until I went swimming. When I mentioned the feedback to customer service and asked if the issue  was being investigated, I was told the issue only affected around 5% of users. It would be good to understand how accurate this is 

The Fitbit was great for the charity swim challenge I’ve just started and I’m not hopeful the replacement will last either given all the comments which is a shame as I love it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I am on my 4th Versa.  I tried to get Fitbit to refund me my money but they insist on keep sending me another Versa.  This watch is not for swimmers.  It will work for a short time and completely go out.  

Best Answer
Sorry to hear that. My replacement Versa is still working fine in the pool.
It spends about 8 hours a week in the pool.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good to hear. How long have you had your replacement? My previous 3
was good for 2-3 months before they quit. Maybe your Versa came from the
good batch.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Yikes It's been only 2 months! Fingers are crossed this replacement will
continue to work fine.
Best Answer

I’m disgusted with Fitbit. My brand new Versa died after one swim class. All they will do is send me a replacement (which I assume is a reconditioned Versa) or 50% off the purchase of a new watch. I switched from an Iwatch because the crystal cracked and they wanted to charge me $250 to replace it. Im not sure which is the best sport watch. 

Best Answer
My replacement is working perfectly. I'm in the pool for many hours every
week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m happy to hear that, but it seems that you are the only one who has had success with a replacement which I’m assuming is a reconditioned Versa. I’m still not happy that my 4 month old watch is broken and I cannot get a new watch unless I purchase it at a discount. I think Fitbit should monitor this site and see there is definitely a problem with the Versa and should not advertise that is safe to wear in a pool 

Best Answer

I went swimming a couple of days ago and it was fine until it died about 24 hours after. Every time I try to sync it, there is only a weak glow and that’s it. In the early stages it showed that it was out of battery but I’ve charged it for 2 hours and nothing. I’m going to contact support tomorrow.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer support. You'll spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to trouble shoot with them and prove to them it isn't working. And they'll tell you incredibly unhelpful advice, like dry the watch off after a swim!?! At which point you'll have to insist, or be offered, a replacement. They'll send you a new one (most likely refurbished) and you'll have to set it up again. This one will probably come with a host of different problems, and you'll be stuck on repeat until you just give up on the watch all together. Hope you enjoy your versa!!

Best Answer
Hi,

I was sent a replacement and the customer service team were helpful

So far I’ve swum another 15 miles with no issues and I do dry it as soon as I’m out of the pool

Judith 😊

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I had the same problem a month after I got it they replaced it and now it just happened again my first swim of the year.  Ow they're saying I'm not covered under warranty. What a joke. I'm getting a Garmin as it is better for runners and fitbit has a system glitch they told me they may or may not be able to fix lol.

For what I paid when it first came out I would think it should have a 2 year warranty not 1. What a joke. To think if I didnt go swimming with it I'd still have a versa. I advice everyone not to swim with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My company offers the same program with the fitbit. Mine died after using it for a couple hours at a water park with my daughter.  It had issues with it previously. Stopped tracking GPS, notifications from my phone stopped working.  Not satisfied with my purchase at all. Purchased brand new on ebay.  Not sure how I can get an exchange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Versa for more than a year so it’s out of warranty. Just used it swimming for the first time and the screen fell off! Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thinking of abandoning this company as well.  Had to have the Versa replaced twice in a year.  Now the second replacement has died after 3 1/2 months and they are only offering a discount as the one year warranty has expired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. . had 2 replacements within a year.  Now after the 2nd replacement died last night, can't get a 3rd replacement because the one-year warranty has expired.  Offering me a discount on a new purchase, not sure I'm going to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes