Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa screen dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My Fitbit versa screen has died.  Does anyone have a fix?  Fitbit support don’t know and I am awaiting an email from support escalation.

This morning the screen was alive but just dull back lit, like a grey screen.  I tried a button reset which did seem to reset it but now the watch is “on” but the screen is completely dead, no back light grey screen, just nothing.  

The Versa is alive to a certain extent as the pulse monitor works and the watch syncs with the app.

Yestedrday I notice the screen was less responsive than I was use to and was sluggish to respond the swipes and presses or sometime just didn’t respond.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

All you can try is several restarts or a factory reset. If they dont work it has died.

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I’ve tried that reset already, it does work.

Waiting for Fitbit to get back to me.  Looks like I’ll after a replacement.

My knackered old Casio is back on my wrist in the meantime!  It has been in the draw for 2 years, battery still works, time was correct to within 1 minute.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be prepared to wait for your return if sending back to Fitbit. Mine was shipped back on 7/5, and I've been told the earliest to expect a return is ~7/26. If still in your retailer's return period, may be better to simply return and purchase a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the warning.  So far Fitbit support has been next to useless.  I have received a series of cut and paste emails with standard ‘fix’ actions to take - none of which work.

Now they are just ignoring me.

They even asked if I had taken a shower or swam with the watch.....a watch advertised as waterproof!  

I started off wanting a replacement, following my experince with them so far I will be wanting a refund instead.

Meanwhile life goes on without a fitness tracker......

Best Answer