Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa screen fades and changes colors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is about 15 months old. A couple of weeks after the recent update, the face started fading out and changing colors. It goes to gray from the outside of the face, then inward. I tried shutting on and off, factory reset, changed the face (original face was a Fitbit face, as is the new one).  Still doing it. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SueCCRN. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Versa screen. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and providing the steps you tried. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm having similar issues. My fitbit Versa 2 is only about 3 months old and the screen's colors are fading the light seems brighter and the battery is wearing down really quickly. I've updated the system and changed brightness settings however nothing has changed. Seems like it's malfunctioning.. What shoud I do?

Best Answer

Hi! I am having the same problem. I always had mine in dim to preserve battery life. One day while working out, I noticed a change in color of the background.  Some icons were gray, and it was dimmer than before. The normal light was like the dim mode before. Too bad my versa is already out of warranty and I’ve had this for a little over a year only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue. My screen is going a green/gray colour. Sometimes looks like a thumb print shining through. It went totally blank on Monday and I charges it and it seemed back to normal but the green/gray colour here again.

Best Answer

Hi  I am also having issues with my fitbir versa 2, mine is 2 years old, but for the last 3 months or perhaps a bit longer, the watch face has started to fade and lose colour, and you can kind of "see through" the colours on the top to the resting face? Sorry hard to explain, I have been using a bolder watch face as I have trouble seeing the smaller digits on the original face, I have now just changed back to the original one. Also by the end of each day my watch is all but completely flat, I have turned off pretty much every notification, alarm, etc. I have restarted it, but have not done a factory reset as I am worried about losing my heart rate history - that is why I got it in the first place as I have been diagnosed with atrial fibulation where my heart rate goes excessively fast and gets out of whack but I don't always know, so my watch is my saviour in regards to its speed, medication has helped greatly, but having my watch to check on heart rate has been fantastic. Any suggestions on how to fix screen colour/clarity and battery issues.

Thanks kazzah65

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! After what happened to my Fitbit Versa, I decided to buy an AW series 6. Although it’s a bit pricey, but I tell you it is worth it. It’s been a year, and I have no problems with it. You just have to charge it everyday though since it has a poor battery lifespan. So I suggest buying an extra charger to bring it with you. Hope this helps. As much as I love Fitbit, I was disappointed with my Versa 2, and there are no service centers in our country. So AW is a much better choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issue. The color change started on 3/17/2022. I thought it was a St Patrick's Day color theme, since it was greenish. Now 2 days later and I can hardly read the screen. It's like a green black semi sheer  film is covering the screen. Looking at some other comments, I'm wondering if leading up to this started months ago when I had trouble charging the Fitbit. Could the battery be the problem? This is my second Fitbit and they both are dying way to soon for their cost. I love my Fitbits but sadly, I will not buy another if there is no solution to this problem. I've tried everything offered as a possible solution. Hoping you have better luck than I have!

Best Answer
I’ve stepped away from Fitbit too for exactly the same reason and issues.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer