Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Man do I feel your pain. This is horrible. I hope you are sharing this on their social media pages...I sure am. Good luck with latest replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I spoke to a support person Thursday who said she would overnight a new charger, even though I insisted that it was 100 percent charged (that's the only thing that lit up).  Friday, no charger came.  Saturday, no charger came.  We should be able to get REFUNDS on these since they do NOT work!

I contacted Fitbit support first because I figured that the first year should be under warranty.  Since I'm getting no good response, I think I'll contact Asurion to see what they can do instead.  We should ALL be able to get refunds on a product that does not work!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Yes, I wish we could. I really like it when it works, but sad that I am already fighting for a second one. 

Best Answer

I liked it for the short time it worked, except for the times it wouldn't sync and when I couldn't get it to open the apps I had on it. 

They just seem to have little interest in fixing the problems...just sending you replacements with more of the same issues. Very poor product development and customer service resolution. It's been almost two weeks since I sent mine in to be replaced and I haven't heard anything from them ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, for me after 10 days I called up and asked for an update and they claimed they never recieved and said they would send a replacement withiut recieving the one I sent. Which was total bs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Because two days have passed after a new charger was supposed to have been
sent overnight and wasn't, I'm going to call Monday and say the charger
they sent (NOT!) didn't make the Versa work and that I want a new one.
Let's see what they say.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

😡 I'm still waiting to get my replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, my replacement is scheduled for delivery today. But will immediately place for sale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's smart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had mine since June and it broke down on me just this August.

My Versa was on 60% when it completely dies. Tried charging again. The interface showed up but it won't past 1% of charging after how many hours. Once I took it out of the charger, it just dies. 

I did all the troubleshooting suggested including factory reset and nothing works.

I've been sending customer service videos with me trying it on all kinds of charging devices (laptop, USB port and the wall). They deemed it to be just the charger being faulty. They're sending me a replacement of just the charger. I live in the Philippines. They say it will take just 7 days. With the distance and reliability of posts here in my country, that might be until a month. Seriously, it'll be quite frustrating to learn later if the new charger is still not working. Oh I just do hope it's the charger!!!

Oh and why is everyone's Versa dying all of a sudden? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died because of moisture both times,  you could see water in the sensors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checked again with my Versa. I don't see any moisture. Last time I swam with it was July 4 on pool water, 12ft deep. It just died August 4, a month after. 

Oh what could it be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died after 6 weeks.  I got it for swimming, but that's how long it lasted.  I was also told it was the charger, even though I told them that it would light up and show that it was 100 percent charged.  I was told they would overnight a new charger anyway, but it got here 5 days later, and it wasn't the charger; only little bits of things would light up on the screen and then fade away.  Finally they did agree to replace it.  Let's hope this one lasts longer; I don't want to keep going through this!  Way too much money spent on a faulty product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well apparently mine didn’t like it’s first time in the pool. Moisture in the sensors,  turned off and got really hot. Now it won’t turn back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not all of a sudden. If you go back to the beginning of this thread you'll see the first post was either March or May if 2017.

They must feel it's to their advantage to propose "fixes" rather than to fix whatever the underlying issue is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

Same thing happened to me! It was just at 60% and then it suddenly died. I tried charging again. The interface gets back but when you take it out the charger, it dies. It can't even charge past 1%. 

I've contacted customer service and they think it's just the charger that's at fault.I even sent videos on all the troubleshooting + factory reset. I'm from the Philippines and they're sending in only a charger replacement. I'm waiting for their reply how long it will take. It's just going to be saddening if apparently it's not just the charger. How long will I have to wait? It's saddening. I think I'm getting an Apple watch when the new one comes in instead. 

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

Same thing happened to me! It was just at 60% and then it suddenly died. I tried charging again. The interface gets back but when you take it out the charger, it dies. It can't even charge past 1%. 

I've contacted customer service and they think it's just the charger that's at fault.I even sent videos on all the troubleshooting + factory reset. I'm from the Philippines and they're sending in only a charger replacement. I'm waiting for their reply how long it will take. It's just going to be saddening if apparently it's not just the charger. How long will I have to wait? It's saddening. I think I'm getting an Apple watch when the new one comes in instead. 

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

ok, they're replacing it, finally. and they're quick about it. looking back, i'm quite impressed on the customer service. 

yes, there's still worry that in another 3 months, this might happen again. yes, it makes you think on why I didn't get the apple watch instead. but yep, looks like I'm still going to enjoy my Fitbit Versa until it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  I am having the same problem  did you manage to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes