Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Hi,

I know that i am commenting on an old post - but the restart recommendation you gave actually worked!

- my display was BLANK - like it had NO power

- connecting it to charger - did not indicate it was charging - has been on charger for 2 days

- verified 5 volts on pins of charger with multi-meter

- even though it appeared to be DEAD - I performed your reset used back (left) and (right) lower buttons and the Fitbit icon appeared!!!

- once it booted up  the 3rd party display showed 4% battery level

- i put it back on the charger and as i am writing this post - it is up to 33%!!!   YAY!

Thank you!

Kerry

Best Answer
Glad to hear that those steps worked for you. I've had to do that with all
six of my Versas. Unfortunately, it'll probably happen again at some point.
For me, it was an average of two months one with each unit until it never
worked again. My advice would be to call in the warranty if you still have
it and get a replacement, or take the chance with the Versa 2 for half
price. My warranty already ran out, so I just decided to go with a
different brand. I'm done with Fitbit.
Best Answer
Thats great news!!!!

Thus technology sometimes 🙄👍😂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just had replacement Fitbit versa number 3 in the space of 12 months, each has had a different problem.

1)wouldn’t turn on and when it did the screen dulled and you couldn’t even see it

2)the screen literally came detached after I had it for 3 months, and it had no damage on it

3)only had it for 6 months, and the battery life deteriorated very quickly, considering it should last up to 5 days. I charged it too 100% and went for a bike ride 4 miles in it had died. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on #3 as well! I'm not purchasing another fitbit from them. Its pathetic and the customer service has went down hill. I'm so disappointed after being a customer for so long... I was doing my best to be optimistic.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tried the reset,tried charging it for 8 hours. Contacted FitBit and they offered me 25 percent off of another Fitbit product. I also had the blaze and it did the same thing. Why would I spend over 200 dollars for a new one when it's going to do the same thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem. I did the reset and the Fitbit icon showed then goes back to a backlit screen. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can also request for replacement which i did. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best to request a new one from them.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly! Their customer service has declined tremendously and I no longer
have the patience or desire to throw away my money to them!!!
Best Answer

Thank you

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this method does not work for me. I left my fitbit on the charger overnight and I can tell it is warm from charging but I still cannot get to turn on. 

Please advise

Best Answer
If it’s under 12 months old message Fitbit they will send a replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It don’t work with mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnaMadalina @Joebin Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with your Versa not working and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. @Joebin I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you.

@AnaMadalina I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep working with the team to find a solution.

@Llaurennhh thank you for your help here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a solution??

Best Answer

Yes i got your 25% for a new watch!But no thank you!I just wanted to fix my old watch...that you are not able to do so...so not worthy to buy a watch that cost a lot and brakes afte the warranty if over and you just want us to buy another one!Is a big No!Not worthy!

I was referring at them...the Fitbit team or whoever is trying to sell us more watches and not fix the ones we have.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I eventually was sent a comp replacement which was the wrong one. Then sent it back and received the correct one.  Its such a hassle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only solution I found was to buy a new one. Fitbit offered me 30% off of a new one, but I went to WalMart and got one cheaper than their 30% off

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might be interested in this. They see parts and can do repairs. Check out.

https://www.joesge.com/products/fitbit-versa-fb504-smartwatch-screen-battery-board-parts

Best Answer
0 Votes