Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

The same exact problem happened to my Fitbit Versa! I did the troubleshooting shown below for restarting and it worked - so I'm back to enjoying my Versa. Hopefully it will not happen again.

Thank you for showing how to restart the Versa. Mine stopped working and after reading your easy instructions, I'm back on. Hopefully, doesn't happen again. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great! Fingers crossed for you. Many of us had no such luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My feelings EXACTLY!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having exactly this issue. Did you get an answer?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up sending it back for a replacement. I gave it to my husband. I think the key is to not let it get wet. 

All in all I'm still very disappointed in a product that should have performed better. This problem has been going on for quite a while.

I wish you luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine never worked I got in touch with the online chat
but they had to send me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I worked with someone in their customer support department who was
extremely helpful (online chat). I had already tried all the recommended
steps to troubleshoot but he still walked me through those. He was able to
order me a replacement device. This was all back in September (original
purchase was in May). I hope you can get your device replaced too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to change my clock face back but it’s not letting me. It says my Fitbit is not sinked! How do I change it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had done the same thing I've had it for a few months now. I haven't changed the clock face and the back of mine is flashing red and green. I can't do anything to turn it on this morning and last night it was at 67%.

Having the same problem. It randomly shut off this morning and wont turn back on. Last night it was at 67% and now the back of it is flashing red and green. Tried restarting and syncing and nothing's happening and have not changed the clock face. It's only a few months old.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit customer service.  I sent me out a new Fitbit Versa and I sent mine back to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Versa in June (2018) and I just got my 4th replacement because every one dies out.  I got mine for swimming and use it for that; I originally thought that it really wasn't good for swimming.  But if yours is dying without swimming, then it's not the water ruining it.  Obviously it's a defective model; I bought a protection plan for 3 years and it seems like I'll be returning it every few months.  How could all three of the ones die like that?  I can't believe they're still selling it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, there. Mine too. My Fitbit versa would heat up when charging. I tried using different outlets to no available. I just got mine in July 2018. Thats just barely 5 months! Am frustrated. Cant track my run, bike and swim now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to change the face, now it says it cannot connect. What next?

Best Answer

I am onto my 3rd Versa since April  2018. The first failed after 6 months, the second after 3 months and this one after 2 weeks. Each time the display stops lighting up and there are no lights on the rear of the Versa. All attempts to restart using the helpline suggestions have failed. Fitbit have replaced them each time but I can  only assume there is an inherent  issue with the software or the hardware that Fitbit have not made public.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like I could be just getting started! Thanks for the perspective. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa fitbit froze, turned off and I have not been able to turn it back on. The battery was full when it turned off. I have tried holding the left bottom and right button down for more than 10 seconds and nothing happens. I tried changing the clock face, but it failed because Fitbit is off. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue I have. did you ever get it fixed/sorted? Mine shut off and wont come on, I tried charging it and it feels warm but not coming on. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No luck on each of the 3 occasions. Each time fitbit replaced the versa but after the 3rd fasilure I will not be replacing it with a fitbit. I have requested a refund and will have to wait and see how long the process takes. Best of luck. J

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've  had no luck on the 3 occasions my Versa failed in the same manner. I have had it replaced twice under warranty  but the relacements have have failed after 3 months and 2 weeks for the last one. As a result I am requesting a refund under warranty.  Good luck with it. J

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would call Fitbit support and have them try to problem solve with you.  If they can't get it to work, they will have to replace it if it's in the first year of ownership.  I'm on my FOURTH one; got the first in June and this keeps happening.

Best Answer