Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa with woven strap just falls off and now Fitbit Versa is lost!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm gutted. Is anyone else finding that the Fitbit Versa with woven strap just falls off?

My wife gave me a Fitbit Versa Special Edition (Charcoal Woven) for my 34th birthday on the 8th July 2018. I’ve been enjoying it for a week and it’s been working perfectly allowing me to measure my steps, heart rate, sleeps and to add my music.

However on Saturday 14th while on a family trip the watch fell off for the first time while sitting on a bench; the connection between the watch and the woven strap was the problem. After reconnected the strap and ensuring it was secure I spent a few hours walking with the family (as I can see my steps were counted until 13:30) but I was devastated to find that it was no longer on my wrist at 14:15. It’s clear the reason the watch fell off my wrist was a manufacturing defect with the connection between the grey woven strap and the Fitbit Versa.

How is everyone else finding this strap? If it falls off when sitting on a bench how is one expected to increase their level of activity?

As this was a treasured gift I’m extremely disappointed. My wife is also upset as I had recently bought her a Fitbit Alta with which we were challenging each other all week (and enjoying the competition).

£220 for 6 days use!!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I can feel your pain. I have a regular Versa and I have had all sorts of problems trying to attach the large arm band to watch. The only reason I have it on now is that I was able to fit it on my wrist with the small band which just barely fits.I believe Fitbit has a very poor design for their large wristband for the Versa watch.  I can't help you but I wanted to let you know that I am having a real problem with the wristband.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup.  Just had this happen to me last night.  Went to a concert and at some point the versw had fallen off my wrist.  DisnDi notice it until I had walked out the door of the venue and security wouldn't let me back into the building to try to look for it.  Only had it for 5 months.  Contacted Fitbit support but said they can't do antganyt for lost/stolen devices.  Even if it seems to be bad design/ faulty product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry to hear what happened to you. As I mentioned before, my came off when I was playing a sport so I caught it. After that I just wore the small band which was really tight. I finally ordered a large band from a 3rd party. It has worked very well. Believe or not it is a magnetic band and it works very well. As much as I like the fitbit versa watch, I blame fitbit for some sort of manufacturing flaw in their large band so no matter what I did it kept falling off. When you spend $200 for a watch, the band should fit! You should not have to go to another company to find a band that fits!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not that the band was too loose that it fell off.  The pin that holds the band on to the watch face must have came disconnected because there's no way the band would have come unclasped.  So the only thing I can think of of is the pin disconnected from the watch sna it fell off at some point that way.  I bought a new one today so wellw see if it happens again.  If it does then there's definitely a design flaw that needs to be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was definitely the pin. I could not get the pin to stay in the watch when I put on the large band. The small band pin did fit, so I wore it for awhile even though it was tight. I finally ordered a new band from a 3rd party which fits great. That would be my advice to you so you don't lose another Versa. I don't know why fitbit doesn't acknowledge thos problem with the pin not fitting with the large band. It is a shame you had to lose one because of the pin not fitting.
Best Answer
0 Votes