Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps adding steps even when I'm not wearing my Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I noticed that my Versa 2 has been slow in reaction time lately. I updated and even factory set it but it is slow for both when I tap it awake and the button.

Now today I am not even wearing my watch, disabled any synced apps and closed the Bluetooth and when I log into the app the numbers are going crazy they just keep rising automatically.

Please help this is not an old watch at all it’s a Versa 2 btw. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Regarding your Versa 2 being kinda slow lately, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riana830 do you  also have  your phone set to also count your steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you for your help. 

@Riana830 , Nice to see you around. I'm kind of leaning to Rich_Laue 's suspicion. 

It appears that you have MobileTrack on.

This feature uses the phone's sensors to count steps. This is for when you have left your Fitbit at home (e.g. while charging). Please make sure MobileTrack is not activated.
It may happen that the steps recorded with the cell phone overwrite those of the Versa 2.

In the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon (top left corner).
There you will see the devices linked to your account.
If you see the Mobile Device Active option, tap it and remove it from the account.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes