Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps asking for Location access & Bluetooth sharing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting the location msg.  Stating must be turned on for GPS tracking.  I do not want that function.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @LomaxL. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Usually your location will be requested whenever you're using the Fitbit app to capture GPS data. Because these prompts appear on other occasions, may I know if  the location services were set to Always or While Using App, and the Background App Refresh option was enabled when that happened? Also, let me know the model and OS version of your phones. These details will help me to investigate.

In the meantime and in case you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  5. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and let me know how everything goes.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @LomaxL. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Usually your location will be requested whenever you're using the Fitbit app to capture GPS data. Because these prompts appear on other occasions, may I know if  the location services were set to Always or While Using App, and the Background App Refresh option was enabled when that happened? Also, let me know the model and OS version of your phones. These details will help me to investigate.

In the meantime and in case you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  5. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and let me know how everything goes.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes