Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't connect my Versa to wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have an LG phone, and when I first set up my Versa, it didn't connect me to my at home Wi-Fi. So I skipped that when I was setting up. But, when I tried connecting again, in the app multiple times, it still won't connect. Is it a Wi-Fi problem, or a device problem? Any solutions are appreciated. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Before going into the troubleshooting page one question: What is the frequency of your wi-fi signal from your router? Fitbit will connect to 2.4Ghz but not 5Ghz. If you are not sure, check your router box for any info on either a sticker or a plate. If you are still not sure, get the name and router model number and then check the internet for its specs. One quick way is to enter the manufacturer name and router number on Amazon and then check the specs on the product page.

If you have a 2.4 Ghz unit then try the suggestions on this help page:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2233/?l=en_US&p=versa&fs=Search&pn=1

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem last night. After trial & error I found if I turn off Bluetooth  on my phone (toggle switch) waited about 2 minutes then toggle switch for Bluetooth back on it connected to my WiFi. I do have an iPhone not android, but hopefully it work for you as well. Good luck hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Darly @Faphillips24 @wtksk8r It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

@Faphillips24 Please let us know if after following @wtksk8r and @Darly's suggestions, you have resolved the problem to connect your Fitbit Versa to your home Wi-Fi.

@wtksk8r @Darly Thanks for your support.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Hi, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Versa to the app, and it appears to have worked in the app, but my Fitbit itself still isn't working. It is still acting like I haven't set it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Faphillips24 Thanks for the update.

I would recommend setting up your Fitbit Versa as a replacement device by following these instructions:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account iconUser-added image
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Additionally, you can perform a restart by following these steps.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @EdsonFitbit, thank you for your help. Unfortunately, it did not help. When I re set it up, it did not work. I tried other devices, and they did not work passed the Wi-Fi set up, and I put in the correct Wi-Fi and password, and my Versa and other device were next to the Router. 

Please help! 

Thank youto  Edison Fitbit and the others that tries to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have WPA 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone please help me! I have the tried things that you have suggested, and my Versa still is not working! HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which LG are you using?  Not all of them are supported by Fitbit.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes