Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit logging me swimming but pools closed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else noticing their daily activity showing swimming? The pools are closed due covid19 I am not swimming..why is it doing this. It done it lots over the week..

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Pootledox   This experience you are describing is a device issue, not an app issue.  What Fitbit do you use?  An activity is auto-recognized when your Fitbit senses movement that fits into one of its algorithms.  It sounds like you are doing some type of activity has movements close enough to swimming.  Sometimes I get a walk recorded as elliptical.

You can always turn swimming off as being recognized.  Tap on your Exercise tile, then the gear icon.  Tap on Swimming, then toggle the Auto-recognize to off.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Pootledox   This experience you are describing is a device issue, not an app issue.  What Fitbit do you use?  An activity is auto-recognized when your Fitbit senses movement that fits into one of its algorithms.  It sounds like you are doing some type of activity has movements close enough to swimming.  Sometimes I get a walk recorded as elliptical.

You can always turn swimming off as being recognized.  Tap on your Exercise tile, then the gear icon.  Tap on Swimming, then toggle the Auto-recognize to off.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Hi it’s the Fitbit versa lite

Thank you I’ll do that. I can’t figure what it is that’s similar to swimming.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pootledox   If you look at the exercise details of this bogus swim, you should see when it was recorded.  It should show details.  You might be able to figure out what you were doing.

The only really weird exercise I got was a 25 minute bike ride that was part of a 2 hour car ride.

I am also moving this thread to the Versa forum, just in case other users have the same issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes