Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit overcalculating my stairs climbed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've probably climbed around 30-40 levels today but my Fitbit somehow displays 145!!! Which obviously leads to a completely wrong number of calories burnt. Anyone else with that issue? 

Cheers

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Moe211 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is tracking many floors. In order to fix this issue, please restart your tracker as described in this help article. After this, monitor your Versa the next 24 hours and let me know if your floors are more accurate.

As a side note, please make sure that your tracker is not being worn too tight.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've the same issue with my versa. Climbed 64 stairs today which might have been 10 at most. I've restarted the device as suggested. Will be monitoring the stair counts closely in the next 48 hours or so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me all the time when it’s windy weather.. I don’t think this influences your burnt calories very much though, since you didn’t actively climb all those stairs for real..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting insight, it was very windy yesterday when I did my usual walk during my lunchbreak. 

Someone from Fitbit who can clarify if this is indeed a possible cause?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not from Fitbit, but I believe that the sensor that measures floors is a pressure sensor under the hole at the bottom right corner of the Versa. As such I can easily imagine that if the wind catches it at the right angle it might raise (if it blows in) or lower (if it blows over) the pressure in a pattern that might mimic floors being climbed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes