Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit upcoming OS 4.1 to add new features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good news that the devs keep working on improving the Fitbit OS. I hope they will also do something and try to fix the various issues users are facing lately.

The new Fitbit OS update finally lets you change your watch face on-device. There's also a new Smart wake feature, an Agenda app, and more.

Fitbit OS 4.1 is rolling out on December 3 to the Fitbit Ionic, Versa 2, Versa, and Versa Lite.

More info here: https://www.androidcentral.com/new-fitbit-os-update-finally-lets-you-change-your-watch-face-device

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Setup my 5 favorite clocks, no problem. Having trouble setting up agenda app. Permissions Required error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Den_in_USA have you gone into the Fitbit app - Profile - Versa 2 - Apps - and then the agenda apps setting to turn on the required permissions (you don't want to hit the cog, but tap on the actual tile and then permissions). I found that mine were toggled off by default. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Also check the agenda app version as it was updated yesterday to version 1.0.0

Best Answer

On my Versa 1, in settings for Agenda there is only a Show Free Time option, no Permissions option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Den_in_USA don't tap on the cog, but the actual tile (tap on the agenda title), permissions should then be in there. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Figured it out. I uninstalled, then reinstalled. I could then allow permission. Works fine now! Also, Uber is finally working!

Best Answer

After update all I saw was sundial clock face. When go to clockfaces on my app, I get a message that some applications did not finish installing, I choose the option to continue installing them. My prior clockface, Waveform, has been sitting on my app with a red slider going back and forth saying switching for close to 1/2 an hour now. How long should I have to wait for this to finish?

UPDATE: I did a reset of my tracker and after the update, clock faces were working as expected. I like the additional options for the side button on my Versa 2.

Best Answer

I wish this update fixed the notifications not working. Plus the fact that my app drops my Ionic, I continually get the "Device not found" so aggravating. 

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NinaP the iOS 13 notification issue is between the iOS and the Fitbit app. It has nothing to do with the tracker but with Apple deciding that they do not want third party access to notifications. Fitbit is not the only company that has been affected. Do a search of the web. 

Best Answer

I used Smart Wake this morning. Alarm was set for 7:00 am, alarm went off at 7:00 am. 

Update: The next morning my alarm went off at 6:45. Looks like it's working!

Best Answer

Update went fine on both my versa 2 and ionic.  Everything works perfect with ionic but the versa 2 still has the same problems as before the update with notification failure, syncing and consistently loosing Bluetooth. Been through the troubleshooting twice with support and settings are the same on both phones and apps so I am about to give up on the versa 2 after only one week.

Best Answer

I was hoping that 4.1 would finally give us an SpO2 reading. Maybe 2020 will be the year FitBit catches up to Garmin.

Best Answer

@Jer815 since you mention two phones and two trackers. Double check that on both phones under Bluetooth only the respective tracker shows. 

Also you could log out on both phones and log into each others account. 

This would verify if it is an app/phone issue or a tracker firmware issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue 

Thanks for the clarification. I have a Samsung S10+. I think my issue with not receiving notifciations is the fact that the app disconnects from my fitbit. When it's connected it works, when it's disconnected it doesn't work. It's disconnected 95% of the time. I've spent many hours trying to get this to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jer815 

I'm having the same issue only with myt Ionic. I just bought a new device, 2 weeks old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NinaP @Jer815 strange you constantly lose connection between your Versa and phone. It can be a feature of Android called battery optimization. Sometimes this works very strict and prevents apps to run on the background to save battery. If this happens to the Fitbit app.... 

I found this generic explanation to change the settings online. Can you follow these steps and turn off battery optimalisation off for the Fitbit app and see if it works? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202636/

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

@RonaldM 

Yes, I already knew about this and turned off the battery optimization and made sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background. I also check this daily to make sure it isn't defaulting back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry it didn't help @NinaP , just one other option I found may be helpful, How to turn off the adaptive battery . It's another option that could interfere with notifications.

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

@RonaldM 

Unfortunately I toggled off "optimize battery" for my Fitbit app. It was one of the first things I did. 🤔😓

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonaldM 

Thanks for helping me. If you think of more help, I'm completely open to suggestions! 🙂

Best Answer