Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit versa - more steps in challenge than on tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I'm only my second day of owning the new Fitbit versa so it's still pretty new to me. I'm becoming used to its "quirks" already. Missing some steps, over estimating others, adding steps whilst I do the laundry or drive so having to go in and add driving as a task after to rectify. So I'm still on the fence about it.

The one thing I can't rectify that makes no sense whatsoever is this issue with the challenge. I'm in my first 5 day challenge with friends (I'm actually in two) and the challenge is showing 210 more steps than my actual tracker. It only started today in my timezone so no previous steps were added. I've searched the forums and seen people complain of the opposite but not this way round. I reset the app and the versa. Synced again to no avail. Why is it registering more on my challenge and how to I rectify it? Atm it just looks like I've managed to cheat which sucks and isn't the case.

Cheers in advance

T

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Tee- It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your Challenge shows more steps than your Versa. This could happen if you were negating steps. As the article explains you don't actually remove or delete the steps but just negate them. If you negated some steps then it will be reflected on your account but as this is a logged activity it won't show on your Challenges or leaderboard. Check if you have any logged activity for that day and this would explain the difference.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hiya @AlvaroFitbit ,

Thanks for your response. So does this include when it adds steps whilst driving? As that has happened and I was advised to add driving after as a track exercise which then fixed the steps on my tracker dashboard. It's a shame if so as I can't always take my watch off every time I drive, would be great if there was a driving mode you could click on prior to this to counter it.

Not sure if they consider suggestions anyways but just a thought.

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tee-, challenges are important to me as well so after lots of trial and error here is what I have found. If you open the Fitbit app and it syncs even if you do a manual log it will not negate the steps in a challenge. However, if you get on another device (laptop,PC or tablet) and access your dashboard and manually log the driving, then sync your device it does remove the "driving" steps. The key is not syncing to the app so you do not want  All day Sync enabled in the app. Hope this helps, I know I was frustrated until I figured out the proper process.

Best Answer

@Cdogfishes thank you that's really helpful. It's a shame there's not a simple driving option prior but this is really helpful. Have the auto sync turned off won't be a bad thing either as its been burning my phone up and draining it something rotten. I appreciate the info, I will change my methods to this 🙂 Thanks again

Best Answer

@Tee-While I was looking for a resolution for a sync issue I found this article where it tells you how to turn Versa on/off. I tried it today and no phantom steps or floors to worry about. Just turn it off when I get in vehicle and back on when I get to destination.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257?q=Syncing&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes