Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit wont connect to phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Woke up this morning and my Versa lite was 2.5 hours vehind in time. 

It wouldn't sync to phone. 

Attempted:

Restart fitbit

Restart phone

Toggle bluetooth on and off

Uninstall and reinstall app

Unpair fitbit - wont repair at all

Eventually attempted a factory reset but it won't pair to phone at all to restore - stuck in the "download app" screen. 

Unsure how to proceed from here

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I dont know what to advise, removing of a tracker from the Fitbit account is never ever advised with a sync problem. You simply are saying that you do not want to use the tracker, doing this will not fix a sync issue. 

When the app can not see the the tracker to sync. How will it see the tracker to set it up. 

We may still have to fix the sync issue.

You only mentioned 4 of the dozen steps that should be tried. 

When you say that you un-paired that should have been done through the phones bluetooth. Not the Fitbit app.

If you haven't done so, the tracker needs to be removed from the phones bluetooth.  Without doing this the Fitbit app will never be able to setup the tracker. 

I would also try clearing the cache for the Fitbit app. This is explained in my link above. 

Make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date. 

Shut the phone completely off and restart. 

It is to late to shutdown the tracker which also should have been tried. 

If you have ever synced through another device and if that device is nearby, within 100 feet, please shut it off. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Becsterr can we have the model of the phone?

Un-pair the Fitbit is done through the bluetooth menu and does not require a user to pair. Removing a non syncing tracker from a users account will only dig a deeper hole to dig out. Doing a factory reset makes the hole even deeper. 

Stop trying to pair the tracker to the phones bluetooth, the tracker will reject every attempt. 

The tracker is telling you to perform an add device through the Fitbit app. 

First we need to correct your non sync issue, then hopefully we will be able to setup the tracker to your account. You may also want to read the setup troubleshooting guide

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have a Samsung s20 and I am not trying to pair via the phone bluetooths setting - I was referring to the process of setting up a device on the app. I had already attempted the non sync attempts prior to all of the above and have been attempting to add the device via the fitbit app on my s20.

The factory reset was a last attempt via me as an attempt to get the fitbit to communicate via bluetooth - the issue seems to be with the gitbit itself rather than the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont know what to advise, removing of a tracker from the Fitbit account is never ever advised with a sync problem. You simply are saying that you do not want to use the tracker, doing this will not fix a sync issue. 

When the app can not see the the tracker to sync. How will it see the tracker to set it up. 

We may still have to fix the sync issue.

You only mentioned 4 of the dozen steps that should be tried. 

When you say that you un-paired that should have been done through the phones bluetooth. Not the Fitbit app.

If you haven't done so, the tracker needs to be removed from the phones bluetooth.  Without doing this the Fitbit app will never be able to setup the tracker. 

I would also try clearing the cache for the Fitbit app. This is explained in my link above. 

Make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date. 

Shut the phone completely off and restart. 

It is to late to shutdown the tracker which also should have been tried. 

If you have ever synced through another device and if that device is nearby, within 100 feet, please shut it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I can't try any firther trouble shorting as today the fitbit has decided it no longer wants to turn on. 

I've had it on charge for a few hours as initially thought it was flat. It is not responding to the charger or button presses/holding button in. Have folllwed the troubleshooting guide for fitbit not turning on but no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue - done the factory reset and it won't charge or update. My solution - Fitbit goes in the garbage tomorrow and I'm buying a Garmin. I've had enough of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't connect my fitbit to my phone how do I sort it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've unpaired and it took multiple attempts to pair the device and then it stops syncing after that. It's really annoying

Best Answer

Same problem, similar date.  Its listed as a previously connected bluetooth device and listed as an available device but does not pair. I tried turning off phone and let fit bit battery die and recharged, uninstalled app and held left button for 10 seconds and still  I'm now trying to install as a new device.  Phone searching and unable to locate fitbit.  Any suggestions or is fitbit now trash?                               

Best Answer
0 Votes