Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed my device, but Fitbit update bricked my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of yesterday, I have been having issues with my Versa not turning on.  I soon found out that it might have been a corrupt clock that could be causing the issue.  I contacted support and they said to reset my device or do some troubleshooting based on a guide.  I did all those steps and found nothing. I then was just sent a 25% off code for a new device because I have had my versa for 2 years.  Now upon doing research I found out about the clock and removing the one fixed the issue.  

From here I figured that I fixed my problem and everything should be good.  The Fitbit is back to working like normal.  I then pushed the latest firmware update to the watch and now my device is bricked.  I have contacted customer service on this issue and I was told I have to buy a new device.  So, needless to say, I was able to fix an issue that customer service couldn't yesterday, and then Fitbit bricked my device. Now I have many hours invested in fixing this device just to end up with nothing.

Is there any fix, or do I just have to wait for the next firmware to be pushed and then I can try and see if I can get this thing working again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Planned obsolescence? 

My versa started malfunctioning after the most recent hardware update. Fitbit told me to do a factory reset. That bricked my Versa. Mine is only a year and 1/2 old. Was completely fine before the update. I have a case number but still no response from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that this is a known problem, but all Fitbit can do is offer a 25% off because of their policies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes