Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flaky 'Screen On' since 3.0

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the 3.0 update, screen on via wrist turn, or button push is a flaky affair.    For example, pushing the button may turn it on, but most likely it will result in a black screen and require 3 more pushes to wake it up.   Even when/if it does display the chances are the HR is not displayed on the clockface immediately.

Anyone else see similar?  I've tried rebooting the device.

Clock face = Thexa

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stubee it's the 3rd party clockface. It's not optimized for 3.0 firmware. I recommend changing it to one of Fitbit originals to see if the issue persists.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@stubee it's the 3rd party clockface. It's not optimized for 3.0 firmware. I recommend changing it to one of Fitbit originals to see if the issue persists.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks..I'll give it a shot.  

Since the Fitbit Default clock faces are a bit lacking....do you know if there is a list of clock faces "optimized" (ie working) with 3.0?    maybe they should put an attribute in the list stating "working with 3.0".

It's a bummer as Thexa was one of the few clockfaces that showed time/steps at the sametime in a large readable font.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, go to clock faces, all clock faces and search for "Minimal Analog" or "Classic", whichever you like more. they are compatible with the latest FW version. Just try them out, they can do much more than their name suggests. Besides that, both are very battery friendly as they both are very small in size, e.g. 27 to 35 kB's max. Tried them both myself and worked like a charm. Good luck.

BTW: 

Hi, this is a link to a maximally adjusted "Minmal Analog" clock face running under the new .30 version:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/85944iE8F9E65E5A3B04DA/image-size/medium?v... . Several stats are shown by pressing on the current one. Just some extra information and prove that's working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stubee Unfortunately, there's no such list of optimized clockfaces. You can browse the all clockfaces online here, then choose one you like and install on your Versa. Hopefully it works. I'm personally using a collection of Lignite clockfaces (paid) which are nice and well-designed. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all.

- Yep, the default clockfaces (from fitibit) work and I'll stick with one of those for now.

- I have those ignite clockfaces too, but unfortunately my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I go with the bigger displays (for steps) when possible.

It's nice to have a responsive screen again.  I wonder if Fitbit gave the developers a heads up to the changes before the 3.0 switchover.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stubee From Fitbit ones, I really like layers! D Happy New Year, guys!

ETA: Just noticed there's a 3rd party clockface called Layers Weather that was ripped from Fitbit original. You might give it shot if you care for the weather. Haven't tested it yet but as it is a new one, it should have been tested on 3.0.

@stubee @SunsetRunner

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for the info. Just had a look at it, but I do not like the display of it, far too busy Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner hehehe it looks way better on Versa, but of course everything is a matter of preference. 😄 And the digits are huge! 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Far too huge IMHO Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner hehehehe 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL, Smiley LOLSmiley LOL BTW, Happy New Year!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stubee wrote:

It's a bummer as Thexa was one of the few clockfaces that showed time/steps at the sametime in a large readable font.

Not sure if it is still a problem for you, but Thexa works on the 3.0 firmware now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmTe Thanks for updating it, Terry.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes