Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuming! Normal versa & special edition versa both support FITBIT PAY (UK)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Someone from Fitbit need to explain this quickly. I’m UK based. I bought the special edition versa as I wanted the option of Fitbit pay. So have paid £20 more to have it. I have just learnt that the normal versa (UK only) also has Fitbit pay option. If this is the case which it seems it is why were UK customers not told this so they can make better decisions. I’ve effectively paid more for a something that the normal has anyway.   Not ok with this at all 

I wish I could tag an actual Fitbit representative 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ouch... Send it back?   

You probably read the USA site as the UK site doesn't say that Fitbit pay is special edition only.

US Site wording:  

Wallet-Free Payments

Store and use credit cards right on your watch with Fitbit Pay. Only on special editions.

UK Site wording:

Contactless Payments

Store and use credit cards right on your watch with Fitbit Pay.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

The information was in the specs if you did any research before purchasing.  If you are that worked up about it just return the special edition and buy the normal version.

?
Best Answer

It clearly states that European versions all have Fitbit Pay.  The woven band is the only extra for UK with the regular vs the SE Versa.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Ouch... Send it back?   

You probably read the USA site as the UK site doesn't say that Fitbit pay is special edition only.

US Site wording:  

Wallet-Free Payments

Store and use credit cards right on your watch with Fitbit Pay. Only on special editions.

UK Site wording:

Contactless Payments

Store and use credit cards right on your watch with Fitbit Pay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the advertisement and bit I saw it said Fitbit pay was only available with special edition. I wouldn’t have thought it would mean only specifically for the US that’s silly.   

Its the only reason why I got the special edition. 

Best Answer

@arc1969 Thank you for this so annoying. I mean who cares about a woven band that don’t make it special. Shall be getting the sorted straight away 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not UK only. It's Europe wide and I believe Australia has it that way too. The reason for that is that NFC is way more spread throughout Europe allegedly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed my standard has pay....but you have to type a code every time just to see the time and any other function so I did not bother with it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Uberdunk oh that’s weird.  have you set a lock on your device?  You can disable on your phone if you have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There’s only 4 banks in the UK that use Fitbit pay anyway just now so it is a bit pointless. For now anyway. 

Best Answer

@cazspence Yeah it’s pants! They need to get more banks involved with out a doubt. I put it forward to Fitbit already not that they don’t already get that but a little push can’t hurt. 

There’s an app bank account called starling bank which I was looking at the other day (didn’t realise it supports Fitbit pay) and a guy on here said he opened an account with them and his Fitbit pay has been working well. I don’t want to have to open an account to use Fitbit pay though.  I know opening an account with starling bank is all done on your phone so it’s quick an easy but ...... I don’t know I want the option of my main bank. 

Best Answer

If it’s any help there were only 2 banks on the list when I got my Versa last Tuesday, now it’s 4 including Santander so maybe it will get better soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh good. I mean they are taking their sweet time but at least it’s one of my banks are on the list would like to see my main bank though. Thanks for that @cazspence ill keep an eye out on the updates there 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously, get a Starling account anyway. It's so easy to transfer cash to it using your phone, and I've been using Fitbit Pay without a problem. Plus when you go on holiday it will save you loads in exchange fees, as you can use it abroad to pay or withdraw cash at the best mastercard rate. There are literally no downsides to it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@r1skbreak3r I gave in and got the starling account 😅. Couldn’t wait any longer been waiting for this Fitbit for too long. I usually use revolut for international payment as the rates are fab but I’ll definitely check out the starling rate now too. Would love to try it out using my versa abroad 

Best Answer

If you've used revolut then Starling is very similar, although better in that there's no limits on cash withdrawals abroad. I think they both use the same rates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah that’s good to know. So far so good when it comes to using Fitbit pay. Sometimes it doesn’t go through but usually 3rd time it does. but I’m happy with Fitbit pay so far 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I read it also that you could use contactless card payments in UK .. very disappointed. . I would of saved myself £100 And bought the charge. But I actually really like the Versa !

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can. I have a starling bank account and use it all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's your bank that is at fault, not FitBit.   FitBit can't force banks to enable/allow FitBit pay.      This happens for other systems too  e.g. Barclays only support Apple Pay and not Google Pay, FitBit Pay

Best Answer
0 Votes