Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS walk map not recording correctly with Versa.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa and an iPhone SE. All relevant software is up to date. I have been using the Versa app Exercise/Walk for several weeks. It had been good for a while. However, the last three days have been fail. I launch the Versa Exercise app.

I select the Walk activity. I wait for the "Connecting..." message in the upper left corner of the watch face to change to "Connected." The Versa vibrates for a second to confirm that the system is ready. I press the "00" image on the Versa screen that begins the Walk activity. That's when the trouble starts.

Every time I look at the Versa, the "Connecting..." message is back on the upper left corner of the watch face.

On Monday, I completed my 2.5 mile walk and the activity was recorded without any map data at all. The recorded mileage is incorrect: 2.22 miles.

On Tuesday, the walk activity was recorded with a map, but it was incomplete. The map only indicates a small red circle where I began my walk. The recorded mileage is incorrect: 2.19 miles.

On Wednesday (today), the walk activity was recorded with a map, but it was incomplete. The map shows two completely straight segments, which is not correct. The mileage is incorrect: 2.24 miles.

Today I accessed the Google Maps app on my iPhone during my walk. Twice. Google Maps displayed my location perfectly. My iPhone's GPs is working. I also accessed the Settings app on my iPhone. It indicated that the Versa was bluetooth-paired during my walk.

Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
This problem resolved after about four days. I did not change any software on my phone or on my watch.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience. I would like to thank you for having detailed your issue and for having tested it lately. Keep in mind that environmental factors including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. 

Now, let's check the following requirements for your Versa to maintain a connection with your phone during your workout:

• Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and your tracker is connected (paired) to the phone. To confirm, go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and make sure you see Versa on the list of devices.
  • You selected an exercise type from the Exercise app that uses connected GPS. To check on Versa, tap the gear icon on any exercise and check that GPS is listed and set to On
  • Your phone is within about 30 feet of your device.
  • Your phone can identify your location and can track your location when you're not using Wi-Fi. For more information on which phone settings you may need to adjust, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

After verifying all the requirements, try using GPS again by following the instructions in How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? If you're still having difficulty, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app to reestablish a connection with your tracker.
  2. Reboot your phone.

I hope this can be helpful, give these steps a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
This problem resolved after about four days. I did not change any software on my phone or on my watch.
Best Answer